Companies - Selling Hardware Devices to Book Visits: Tourists
Major global companies are taking advantage of the growing smart tourism trend that incorporates hardware and technology into booking travel destinations within smart cities, payments, recommendations, and even augmenting reality at different locations to attract tourists. A few of these global companies include: Google, Intel, Apple, and product development and consultancy firms such as Synapse and Meylah.
Companies Selling Hardware Devices to Book Tourist Visits and Activities
- With the future of smart tourism looking bright, Google Inc. is developing their Google Glass hardware to implement the differing technologies that will enhance the tourist experience, including virtual reality and augmented reality.
- Google's mission is to "organize the world's information," making it ever more useful and accessible, with a focus on data organization, global accessibility, and the sharing of new ideas through a stable and reliable platform. Google seeks to give access to all the world's information in just "one click."
- Google's global headquarters and largest office is located in Mountain View, California.
- Intel is developing their new Vaunt wearable technology, as well as virtual reality technology, to enhance the entire tourist experience all throughout.
- Intel's company website states that beyond manufacturing and designing information processors, they innovate and use such technology as the cloud, Internet of Things, 5G, and advances in memory and programming to enhance and make possible solutions for businesses, society, and all people.
- Intel's headquarters is located in Santa Clara, California.
- Apple's Smartwatch is set to play a major role in the booming smart tourism industry as smart apps and devices play a fundamental role.
- Apple, whose headquarters is located in Cupertino, California, is an American manufacturer of personal computers, computer software, and computer peripherals.
- Synapse develops technology such as artificial intelligence and RFID "Magicbands" such as the ones used at Disney theme parks.
- Synapse is a product development and consulting firm that innovates and designs leading edge technology and devices that impact people's daily life.
- The company headquarters of Synapse is located in Seattle, Washington.
- Meylah is a company that helps all businesses to gain access to digital technologies that help them grow and save money. They are tech innovators and designers that implement tech solutions, such as cloud technology and others, and even education for businesses for their for digital needs.
- Meylah's company headquarters is located in Sammamish, Washington.