Home Healthcare Digital Advertising
Many aspects of digital advertising must be considered to effectively market a home healthcare company. The most important digital advertising component and best practice appears to be an investment in search engine optimization (SEO), so that potential customers can easily find the company amongst the many competitors in the industry. Content marketing is another best practice, due to the fact that content creation drives traffic to the company website, and builds credibility and trust in the company, leading to new customers. Finally, utilizing existing internet lead sites, specifically related to home healthcare, is a best practice for obtaining valuable referrals from partners in the industry.
Search Engine Optimization
- Search engine optimization (SEO) is necessary as a best practice for digital advertising so that potential customers can find the company; using relevant keywords is needed for the company to show up in searches above the competition.
- The company website should be optimized with keywords so that potential customers are directed to the website; the website should function optimally to give users a great experience and provide a high quality impression of the company.
- Investing in Google AdWords can benefit and increase SEO for the company and "ensure that your agency is being seen by potential clients."
- SEO should also highlight what makes the company unique, such as offering specific services to a niche market such as post-surgery rehab.
- Listing the company on any free local listing sites and forums further increase the company's SEO ranking. These sites should include: Google My Business, Bing Places for Business, Yelp, Apple Maps, and Facebook.
- Family members seeking home healthcare "use the Internet as their primary source of research and information when seeking to validate home health service organizations;" therefore SEO should be optimized for potential customers to find the company.
- Investing time in SEO is a best practice, since potential customers generally search online first for a home healthcare provider; online searches for "home care agency" has increased 12% in the past year, and increased 58% compared to five years ago.
- Online searches for "caregiver" have increased 8% in the last year, and 62% in the last five years, further indicating the importance of using this and related keywords in the website to optimize search results for the company.
- SEO should be incorporated so the company shows up at the top of the first page of search results, especially for local searches.
- SEO is a valuable best practice due to the fact that it generates revenue for the company; in 2015 16.8% of revenue for home health care companies came from SEO, and 15.1% of companies cite SEO as their top revenue source.
- Content marketing is a best practice for digital advertising in that it drives traffic to the company website.
- Content, such as blogs, should include relevant keywords to optimize SEO and drive searches to the company.
- Blogging can generate attention for the company and its services. 94% of internet users share articles that they feel will be helpful to others. This should be kept in mind when writing home healthcare related blogs to increase outreach and engagement with current and potential customers.
- Putting priority on blogging efforts for marketing can yield 13% greater likelihood of a positive ROI.
- Posting valuable blog content is a best practice, because it can position the company as a leader in the home healthcare industry, setting the company apart from the competition.
- Trust for the company can be built by regularly posting blog articles citing reputable sources of information, which is an additional reason why content marketing is a best practice.
- Video content, including anything from experts discussing home healthcare topics to family testimonials and referrals, are powerful and popular new ways to engage with potential customers and build brand credibility.
- Content should be reposted or shared on other healthcare websites, as well as the company's social media platforms; the company's contact information should always be clearly present for potential customers to get in touch with the company.
- As a best practice, companies should seek to post content that is difficult to find elsewhere, and which makes the company stand out as unique from the competition.
- Content creation, whether through written, video, or photo blogs, should aim to "educate people about the issues and developments in your industry, and also highlight the work that your business is doing."
Company Listings on Lead Sites
- Listing the company on internet lead sites is a best practice in that it generates valuable referrals and leads for potential customers; internet lead sites were "some of the top consumer marketing sources of 2017."
- Lead sites for home healthcare include: Caring.come, BestofHomeCare.com, SeniorAdvisor.com, and CareinHomes.com. The lead site Caring.com generated 11.5% revenue for home healthcare companies in 2015, with 4.1% claiming this as their top revenue source. CareInHomes.com generated 21.3% of company revenue in 2015, with 3.2% of companies claiming it as the top revenue source.
- If the company is part of a larger franchise, the company information should be kept up-to-date on the franchise database, in order that referrals through the larger network can reach the company.
- Corporate web leads and franchise websites generated 17.4% revenue for home care companies in 2015, with 9.4% of companies citing this as their highest revenue generating source.
- Companies can join associations that can act as lead referral services; an example is the Home Care Association of America (HCAOA). These associations often have databases of home care providers, which can serve as valuable tools for receiving referrals.