Online Tableware/Tabletop: Consumers trends - Canada
Some consumer trends surrounding the Online channel in the tableware/tabletop market in Canada are:- Faster shipping and easy return/replacement policies are driving the segment Social media is impacting the buying
FASTER SHIPPING AND EASY RETURN/REPLACEMENT POLICIES ARE DRIVING THE SEGMENT
- According to the market research report from Grandview the growth of the online tableware market is propelled with the trend of offering faster, trusted delivery and replacement options by various online portals is driving the growth in the segment.
WHY IT IS CONSIDERED AS A TREND
- The trend of faster shipping and easy return/replacement policies driving the growth in the online tableware segment has been stated by the reputable, expert-backed research report by Grandview and the trend has been reported in Canada by the Canadian E-commerce Monitor insights.
- Additionally, various key online players in Canadain Online tableware market are offering easy made Shipping and return policies as a way to promote sales such as Linenchest.com, stokesstores.com and Pfaltzgraff.
- Linenchest which offers sells various tableware products such as dinnerware, serveware, flatware, and table linens has made its Shipping and returns easier by offering, free shipping in Canada on all order $99 and more along with Easy free return policy.
- Stokestores, which sells online tableware products such as dinnerware, drinkware, flatware and table accessories is promoting free shipping for all online purchase of $99 or more before taxes along with Online "No Hassle" Return policy.
- Pfaltzgraff which focuses on tableware products such as dinnerware, serveware, drinkware, and flatware is offering simple return policy for the unused item or items within ninety (90) days of purchase for full refund and free shipping on Free Shipping On Orders over $99 in Canada to promote sales.
HOW IT IS AFFECTING CONSUMERS
- The Canadian E-commerce Monitor insights shares that online shoppers across all categories are influenced by Free shipping and return policies wherein, "75% of Canadian shoppers think free shipping is a key factor when deciding what site to buy from and 57% highlighted the need for free shipping on returns."
SOCIAL MEDIA IS IMPACTING THE BUYING
- According to the market research report from Grandview on the online tableware market, the increasing internet penetration in various rural areas is driving the segment in the coming years.
WHY IT IS CONSIDERED AS A TREND
- The trend of increasing internet penetration with the larger impact of Social media on the online buying decisions of the Canadian consumers which is driving the growth in the online tableware segment has been stated by the reputable, expert-backed research report by Grandview and the Canadian E-commerce Monitor insights.
- Additionally, the news article by foodserviceandhospitality states that social media is playing an important role when purchasing dinner or glassware by businesses in Canada as consumers prefer to have a social-media friendly experience while dining where glassware/tabletops are also becoming a talking point in consumers social media dining posts, hence restaurants want to put all the all efforts to make the experience of digital consumer more social media friendly.
- Louis Durocher of the online tableware store Chic & Basta promotes artisans Quebecois dinnerware through their website and social media and hopes that, in the future, more Canadians will look at the options in their own backyard before buying other types of ceramics.
- The online tableware store Chic & Basta is very responsive on their Facebook page which has more than 6000+ followers and likes with various reviews and comments on their ceramic tableware posts.
- Linenchest which offers sells various tableware products such as dinnerware, serveware, flatware, and table linens in Canada is actively promoting on Social media wherein it has more than 493.5K followers on their Facebook page,48.6k on their Instagram page and 21.4k on their Pinterest page.
- Stokestores, which sells online tableware products such as dinnerware, drinkware, flatware and table accessories in Canada has more around 53,575 people following it on Facebook with 54,008 people likes.
HOW IT IS AFFECTING CONSUMERS
- The Canadian E-commerce Monitor insights shares that there is a larger impact of Social media on the online buying decisions of the consumers wherein," 47% of Canadians use social media at least once a month for inspiration to help them buy a service or product.
- Various Canadian online tableware stores are largely being followed on their official Social media pages wherein consumers shares their likes, comments and reviews on various tableware products posted through the channel.
- To obtain the insights on the trends impacting consumers in the online channel in the tableware/tabletop market in Canada, I particularly referred to various credible and reputable, expert-backed news article, market research reports and trend forecasts published through industry researches which are related to the tableware/tabletop market in Canada and globally including Canadian consumers such as grandviewresearch, marketwatch, foodserviceandhospitality, Statistica and others.
- Through the search, I found the global market report from Grandview sharing insights on the globally including North America (Canada) Online tableware Market and the 2018 Canadian E-commerce Monitor insights which highlighted the growing trend of Faster shipping and easy return/replacement policies, driving the segment and Social media is impacting the buying.
- Additionally, a deeper analysis supporting to the trends from the prominent online tableware players such as Linenchest.com, stokesstores.com Pfaltzgraff and others through their official website and social media channels(Facebook, Instagram) is provided in detail in the Key findings section along with overview of the trend, reason for the choice and its impact on the consumers.