Hobbies of Men - 30-36 Years Old
Seven hobbies of Millennial men which include those aged 30-36 years old in the US are watch TV, listen to or play music, play video games, spend time with friends or family, go to the movies, and go to the gym or do indoor sports.
HOBBIES OF MILLENNIAL MEN IN THE US
- According to the Urban Land Institute (ULI) and Lachman Associates survey from 2013, 58% of men said they watch TV.
- A Deloitte study found that 64% of men aged 25-34 watch sports on TV.
- TV sports represents 74% of all TV watched by US men aged 25 to 35 years.
- Betting is also a popular hobby among US men aged 25-34 (whether sports fans or not), with 40% betting on sports. For men in the age group that are sports fan, about 75% bet on sports.
LISTEN TO/PLAY MUSIC
PLAY VIDEO GAMES
- Marketing Charts reports that 42% of Millennial men spent time playing computer games and was chosen as their third-preferred activity by Urban Land Institute (ULI) and Lachman Associates survey from 2013.
- About 53% of men aged 30-54 years play video games regularly.
SPEND TIME WITH FRIENDS/FAMILY
- 41% of Millennial men said they prefer to spend time with friends.
- The most popular places to get together with friends are at home (66%), at a restaurant (59%), at a bar (30%), at a shopping center (28%), at a coffee shop (22%), at a park or at the beach (20%).
- Additionally, "Millennials tend to want to spend time with friends especially on the weekends rather than being at home or going to a bar, a shopping center, or a restaurant."
- Meanwhile, 38% prefer to spend time with their families.
GO TO MOVIE THEATERS
- 81% of Millennials do go out to see a movie once in a while. Men do it more often than women.
- 3 in 4 respondents or around 75% of Millennial men go out to the movies and from those, 70% of men go at least once a month, as do 53% of women.
- Men aged 25 to 34 also like to travel and create an experience, with 56% of travelers aged 25-34 spending $500-$1500 for a one-week trip, excluding airfare.
- About 73% of those aged 25 to 34 years travel to see the top sights, while 50% travel to the museum.
GO TO THE GYM OR DO INDOOR SPORTS
- Around 25% of Millennial men love using their free time to exercise, go to the gym, or simply engage in some favorite indoor sports.
- According to Text Best Marketing, 30% of men love using their free time for fitness and stress relief by going to the gym, jogging, or simply engage in some favorite indoor sports.
To provide seven hobbies of men aged 30-36 years old in the US, we searched through data/studies from proxies with wider age range or generational studies based on Millennials since that generation includes people aged 30 to 36. We used a dated source (from 2013) due to the lack of more recent information that provides specific measures of favorite leisure activities for Millennial by gender, so we could provide data specific to Millennial men free-time activities. We were not able to find specific studies, surveys, or articles from trusted media sites that discuss the hobbies of men aged 30-36 years old in the US. We began our search for the hobbies of men aged 30-36 years old in the US by consulting articles and press releases from media sites that often discuss trends or interests based on demographics. Our thinking was to find articles related published by experts talking about young adults' (30-36) hobbies since these sites typically publish that kind of content. Although we found relevant articles about the leisure time of Millennial men, we found nothing similar specific to men between 30 and 36. We then changed tactics and searched through released reports about the hobbies of men aged 30-36 years old in the US. However, this provided no insights because although we found important insights about Millennials' leisure activities or preferred activities by Millennial men. We were not able to find information specifically for men aged 30 to 36 years old. Finally, we searched for the hobbies of men aged 30-36 years old in the US in articles by experts in published in databases of studies and surveys.