HJ Competitive Analysis: Walsworth
Walsworth is the only American and family-owned publisher of yearbooks, with more than 80 years of operational history. It is among the 35 largest printing companies in the US and one of the top 10 book printers. We have provided the required details of its product solutions, services, and pricing in the attached spreadsheet.
Number of High Schools and Colleges Served
Products and Solutions Offered
1) Scholastic Yearbooks
- The company has a separate division called "Walsworth Yearbooks" in order to produce yearbooks for the American schools.
- It also provides various yearbook marketing solutions like PEP (parent email program), printed reminders, marketing staff training, big event marketing, customized marketing, and online sales among others to the various American schools.
2) Print Product Solutions
3) Digital Product Solutions
4) Publishing & Design Support Solutions
- The company, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, 'Donning Inc', enables organizations to have their rich heritage and history published in book form and thereby, create an impact on their employees, customers, members, and community.
1) Mailing & Fulfillment
- The company provides its clients with a full array of mail and fulfillment solutions for both domestic and international mail. It has USPS trained and certified mail specialists who provide professional service.
- The company also offers 'IMB Tracking Program' to its clients that enable easy and accurate tracking of packages.
2) Digital Presence Assessment
- The company provides its clients with a digital presence assessment scorecard that helps them benchmark their current digital presence and also identify the performing and non-performing areas of their digital presence, and thus take corrective actions.
3) Content Assessment
4) Publication Makeover
- The company helps its magazine publisher clients identify improvement ideas and cost-saving options and suggest ways to expand advertising opportunities, reduce costs, and make the publishing process more efficient.
Product Pricing Details
- The company has not disclosed any pricing details for the school yearbooks that it sells through its e-commerce platform. It clearly states that one needs to contact the respective schools for procuring the pricing details.
- The company also does not furnish any pricing details for the various product solutions provided to associations, magazine publishers, book publishers, and catalog publishers. One needs to "request a quote" from the company website.
Service Pricing Details
- The company again does not offer any pricing details for its various services in the public domain and one needs to contact the sales team and request a quote.
The research team has leveraged the company website, blogs, media articles, and company filings in order to compile comprehensive details about Walsworth's various product solutions and services. However, the company does not provide any pricing details for any of its products and services, and one needs to contact them and request a quote.
The research team also tried to locate the pricing details through third party websites, management interviews or client reviews but no information with reference to pricing could be located in the public domain. The primary reason for the information to be missing can be the fact that most of the product solutions and services are offered by the company on a customized basis and hence, the pricing varies for each client depending upon their requirement.