Hiring a Genealogist
- Professional genealogists capable of providing application assistance to Sons of the American Revolution are; Legacy Tree Genealogists, Sharon Martini and Julie K. Schellen, PhD.
- The team members at Legacy Tree Genealogists possess a combined experience of over 100 years.
- Julie K. Schellen, PhD has assisted over 300 prospective members with their lineage society applications, especially to the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Three professional genealogists (two individuals and one company) who provide application assistance to Sons of the American Revolution are listed below. Our research includes a brief description of the professionals and why they are on this list.
Legacy Tree Genealogists
- Founded in 2004 by Jessica Taylor, this company boasts of helping "thousands of clients" discover their story.
- Among other accolades, it earned the title of "the world's highest-rated genealogy research firm" due to its ability to offer high-quality services to its clients.
- Collectively, the company's team members have over 100 years of professional experience in genealogy.
- Legacy Tree Genealogists is listed because it assists people interested in joining lineage societies, specifically Sons and Daughters of the American Revolution.
- The company also comes highly recommended by businesses and industry leaders globally, including MyHeritage, FindmyPast and Rootsfinder.
- Sharon is the founder of Keystone Genealogy, based in Pennsylvania.
- She received a certificate in Genealogical Research from Boston University and the Genealogical Research Institute.
- She covers genealogy research from the 18th to the 21st century and mainly operates in Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Sharon is listed because she possesses over 25 years of experience in genealogical research and specializes in lineage society applications for several societies, including Sons of the American Revolution.
Julie K. Schellen, PhD.
- Dr Julie K. Schellen is a professional researcher and Certified Genealogist based in Texas.
- She covers genealogy research from the 17th to the 20th century and operates in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina and Texas.
- Dr Schellen specializes in lineage society applications, including the Daughters and Sons of the American Revolution.
- She served five terms as a registrar for Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) and resolved issues with challenging applications.
- She has assisted more than 300 prospective members with their applications to join the DAR.
For this research on genealogists capable of assisting prospects with applications to Sons of the American Revolution, we leveraged the most reputable sources of publicly available information, including genealogy association websites such as the Association of Professional Genealogists and American Society of Genealogists.
We browsed through the sources listed above to identify professional genealogists. We only selected those who have over 10-years of experience and specialize in lineage society applications, specifically Sons of the American Revolution.