Competitive Landscape - Fairmatic and Hippo
Fairmatic was founded in 2019 while Hippo was founded in 2015. Information pertaining to Fairmatic and Hippo founding dates, products they offer, partnerships, the strategies they used to enter the insurance market, and the public perception of them has been entered on this attached spreadsheet.
- Fairmatic was founded in 2019.
- Fairmatic provides mobile software that measures how safely a person is driving based on things like speeding, hard turns, and phone use.
- Notable clients include AmWINS, American Business Insurance Services, Brush Creek Partners, AON, G2, and Marsh.
- Hippo was founded in 2015.
- Hippo offers policies that automate coverage of homes and possessions that consumers own such as electronics and home office equipment, with savings.
- Hippo partners with Topa Insurance Company who underwrites its policies in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Utah.
To provide the required information for Fairmatic and Hippo, we searched through these companies' websites LinkedIn profiles, and business review websites. Unfortunately, we could not public sentiments on Fairmatic. We searched through the company's Facebook and twitter pages, although there were numerous posts by the company, we did not find any comment. We then searched through review websites such as ConsumersAdvocate, Trust Pilot, and Reddit. We could not find any comment about this company. Our next strategy was to search through app stores such as Google Play, Apk pure, Appstore, and others. Although we found ratings for the Fairmatic app on some of these websites, no comments were left by users. We tried triangulating this information by getting insights from parent companies i.e. FairCo and Zendrive. This was also not possible as there was no mention of Fairmatic on their websites and social media pages. We concluded that this information is not publicly available because Fairmatic was launched this year and is not yet popular.