Market Growth Drivers for the Hemophilia Market in Africa
While there is no pre-existing information to fully answer your question, we've used the available data to pull together key findings and have identified six market growth drivers for the hemophilia market in Africa. These include the growth of disease conditions, continued and increasing use of the recombinant products, advancement in novel coagulating factors, increased investment in R&D for hemophilia products, and gene therapy advancements. Additional drivers and trends analysis in prophylactic treatment, growing demand for FVIII, and increasing diagnosis rate were not publicly available.
Below you'll find an outline of our research methodology to better understand why the information you've requested is publicly unavailable, as well as a deep dive into our findings.
An extensive search of the public domain revealed very few news articles or government reports on the market growth drivers for the hemophilia market in Africa. We researched industry reports, health organizations reports like the World Health Organization, press releases on the hemophilia market in Africa, and health media and were unable to locate any publicly available information.
It's important to note that select publications, like Market Research Report, has global hemophilia drivers and trends available for purchase, and Infinium Research has Africa market growth drivers and trends analysis behind a paywall. Unfortunately, the data within these reports was not available in the public domain.
The market growth drivers in Africa for hemophilia are listed in the Market Data Forecast. Each of these six factors is listed below. The market growth in 2016 had a CAGR of 1.77% and it is expected to reach $565.8 million by 2020.
1. Growing prevalence of the disease conditions- Awareness of the disease is also at a minimum of 1 in 5000 males who are born with the disease each year. More than 80% of those with hemophilia are considered to be severe. The World Health Organization has an Africa Summit of Hemophilia in November 2017 to discuss the disease and promoting awareness.
2. Increasing usage of recombinant product-As new EHL products are introduced globally and get into the drug approval process in Africa, more children will be able to get FVIII infusions and prophylactic therapy to help with the disease.
3. Advancements in the novel coagulating factors- As North America drives inception of new developments in coagulating factors and recombinants, the global market of coagulating factors is expected to be near 46.9% by the end of 2024.
4. Rising investments in Research and developments for hemophilia products- There has been a lack of available medicine and a high cost to treat hemophilia that have been holding the market back. North America is the driving force behind this and as they invest, develop, and control the market it will also trickle into Africa as products come up for approval.
5. Advancements in gene therapy- This is considered to have tremendous growth potential with advancements in therapy. In December 2017, Science Daily released an article on a gene therapy trial to help cure hemophilia. It included patients from the U.S., Europe, Africa, and South America.
6. Approaching approval of drugs for the treatment of hemophilia- Registering drugs in Africa is a lengthy process, several drugs that are already in the regulatory tray are slated to be approved over the next 12-18 months.
Despite the limited capabilities of internet archiving of market growth drivers in the areas of prophylactic treatment, growing demand for FVIII, and increasing diagnosis rate, we were able to find six growth drivers including the growth of disease conditions, continued and increasing use of the recombinant products, advancement in novel coagulating factors, increased investing in R&D for hemophilia products, and gene therapy advancements. Additional growth driver information on hemophilia in Africa was not publicly available as information was only available for purchase and not publicly available. There are market research reports available for purchase for the global market and the African market.