Market Size - Decorated Apparel Market: Printed Film Heat Transfer Segment
In 2018, the heat transfer printing technique accounted for 6.5% of the global decorated apparel market valued at $26.75 billion. The segment is projected to reach $2.10 billion in 2020. It is noted that textile printing accounts for nearly 95% of revenue for the global film heat transfer industry.
Global Decorated Apparel Overview
- In 2018, the global market size for decorated apparel was valued at $26.75 billion; it is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.91% to reach $47.3 billion in 2024.
- The embroidery segment currently accounts for 44% of the total decorated apparel industry, followed by screen printing at 33.32%.
- Further, the heat transfer and digital printing accounted for a market share of 6% to 7% each. It is followed by dye sublimation, DTG printing, and others, together accounting for nearly 7.33% of market share in 2018.
- The global market for digital printing on textiles stood at $1.54 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach $2.43 billion in 2020, registering a CAGR of 16.3% during the forecast period (2018-2028).
Market Size of Heat Transfer Printing in Decorated Apparel Industry
- According to reports by Value Market Research, Grand View Research, Statista, and Future Market Insights, it is noted that the heat transfer printing segment has been found to account for a market share of 6% to 7% from 2014 to 2020.
- The global heat transfer film market is expected to reach $3.26 billion in 2028, registering a CAGR of 5.7% from the 2017 market value of $1.79 billion.
- The Textile industry accounted for nearly 95% or $1.70 billion of the total global heat transfer film market in 2017.
- The textile printing market for heat transfer technique is projected to reach $2.01 billion in 2020, registering a CAGR of 5.7%.
- According to a recent survey by The Advertising Specialty Institute, heat transfer printing was among the top five techniques offered by about 69% of surveyed apparel decorators.
Breakdown of Decorated Apparel Market share by Technique
- The global market size for decorated apparel in 2018 was $26.75 billion. We have cross-referenced and calculated the market share of various techniques for decorated apparel market as follows:
- The embroidery segment held a market share of 44.70% or $11.95 billion in 2018.
- Screen printing held a market share of 33.32% or $8.91 billion in 2018.
- Heat transfer printing held a market share of 6.5% or about $1.80 billion in 2018.
- Digital printing held a market share of 6% or about $1.60 billion in 2018,
- Dye sublimation, DTG printing, and others together held a market share of 7.33% or $1.96 billion in 2018.