Healthcare Services Newsfeed 3/2-3/8
An overview of the top 20 healthcare related news stories has been compiled into the attached spreadsheet. Each news story was selected from the week of March 2 – March 8. Top stories were identified using the search terms and topics provided by the client. The topics covered by the selected stories include several new studies that have been published, the controversial emergency room payment policies of Anthem and UnitedHealthcare, hospital layoffs, a potential nurse strike in California, the opioid crisis and its related costs, and bills introduced to state legislatures that could affect hospital payment policies.
A list of the top news stories from the week of March 2 through March 8 is provided below.
March 2, 2018
1. Kaiser Health News report questions safety of ASCs: 5 things to know
2. Hospitals Target Labor Costs, Layoffs to Reduce Healthcare Costs
3. Excellus BlueCross BlueShield awards hospitals $24.2M
4. Sen. John Kefalas takes aim again to boost cost transparency at freestanding emergency rooms
March 5, 2018
5. Trump's health chief warns hospital execs about health care costs: 'Change is coming'
6. Minimally invasive surgeries underused in older patients, new study finds
7. Patient safety ripe for investment, Frost & Sullivan says
8. 100 Top Hospitals announced by IBM Watson Health
March 6, 2018
9. 18k Kaiser nurses vote for option to strike at California facilities
March 7, 2018
10. UnitedHealth takes aim at costly ED visits with new policy: 5 things to know
11. St. Joseph’s ER has reduced opioid use by 82 percent
12. Senators ask Azar to review Anthem ER policy
13. AMA, Anthem Team Up to Streamline Prior Authorizations
14. Electronic Health Records Were Supposed to Cut Medical Costs. They Haven't.
15. CMS Initiative Aims to Improve Patient Access to Health Data
16. State Ends $6 Million Medicaid Contract With Blue Cross
March 8, 2018
17. Opioid Overdoses Are Up Another 30 Percent, CDC Says
18. Public hospitals in Ga. could seize your tax refund to pay debt, if this bill passes
19. Health insurer Cigna buying Express Scripts for $52 billion
20. A 22-year-old just invented a 3D scanner that detects heart disease in 90 seconds. WYD?
In conclusion, an overview of the top 20 healthcare news stories was compiled in the attached spreadsheet. The stories were chosen from the past week and contained significant information on the provided search terms and topics.