An overview of the top 20 healthcare related news stories has been compiled into the attached spreadsheet. Each news story was selected from the week of February 23 – March 1. Top stories were identified using the search terms and topics provided by the client. The topics covered by the selected stories include Georgia’s Mental Health ER Crisis, Horizon to return $150 million to customers, Anthem declining to cover for non-emergency ER visits, and Geisinger naming a new executive VP/CFO.
A list of the top news stories from the week of February 23 through March is provided below. The articles are listed in order by publishing date.
February 23, 2018
1. Maryland health care costs lower than other states, analysis finds
February 25, 2018
2. Hospitals keep ER fees secret. We’re uncovering them.
February 26, 2018
3. Loyola's purchase of MacNeal Hospital could take away Berwyn's biggest source of property tax revenue
4. Anthem: New ER rule extends beyond the self-insured
5. Brattleboro Memorial Hospital Pays $1.6 Million To Settle Medicaid and Medicare Violations
6. That freestanding emergency room is probably not in-network, no matter what the website says
7. Middlesex Hospital Emergency Entrance Still Closed; Suspect Remains Critical After Crash, Fire Last Week
February 27, 2018
8. Kentucky Medicaid to penalize patients for unneeded ED visits
9. Cuts to Discounted Drug Program Threaten Some Hospital Services
February 28, 2018
10. When NRA members attend their convention, ER doctors see fewer patients with gun injuries, study says
11. Overwhelmed In The ER: Georgia’s Mental Health Crisis
12. Tax windfall: Horizon to return $150 million to customers
13. Cicilline defends $69B CVS-Aetna deal despite repeated warnings about big mergers
14. Central Florida Regional Hospital to build new freestanding ER
15. Tens of thousands of Medicaid recipients don't pay their premiums
16. Scammers target senior citizens ahead of new Medicare cards rollout
17. Another reason to worry about overcrowded emergency rooms
18. Geisinger names new executive VP/CFO
March 1, 2018
19. Healthgrades reveals best hospitals for 2018
20. Kaiser Poll: Obamacare Support Hits Highest Level Ever
In conclusion, an overview of the top 20 healthcare news stories was compiled in the attached spreadsheet. The stories were chosen from the past week and contained significant information on the provided search terms and topics.