Key Players in Healthcare System Scheduling
Key players providing scheduling for healthcare systems of doctors include NextGen Healthcare, PatientPop, NueMD, SimplyBookMe, and AdvancedMD. Each has been reviewed in some detail below.
- NextGen Healthcare offers cloud-based software primarily developed for independent medical practices.
- Formerly known as MediTouch, NextGen office allows health facilities to provide a better quality experience for patients.
- The software promotes easy scheduling through multiple appointment tools that centralize the calendars of various practice locations.
- NextGen Office allows configuration to fit the needs of each physician. It also includes drag-and-drop scheduling, customization features, and mobile applications.
- TrustRadius provided a rating of three and a half out of five for NextGen Healthcare. In 2018, the revenue of NextGen Healthcare was $531 million, with a drop seen in 2019 to $529 million.
- PatientPop delivers the only end-to-end growth platform in the industry and is used mainly by small practices.
- This software offers online presence, automated marketing, and patient management features such as scheduling.
- The company offers its online scheduling platform on over fifty websites including Facebook, Yelp, and Google. As a result, patients can book their appointments through these platforms.
- Health staff is easily able to view and confirm appointment requests through this software. Available every day for 24 hours, PatientPop is said to boost appointment bookings and allows customization, where scheduling can be configured based on appointment reasons, providers, or locations.
- It integrates with other scheduling systems, allowing patients to see available appointment spaces in real-time.
- PatientPop not only generates and retains patient clientele, but reduces the burden on healthcare staff.
- On Capterra, PatientPop has a rating of four and a half out of five and an estimated revenue of $38 million.
- NueMD is a cloud-based software suite and medical billing service used by health practices of all sizes.
- This intuitive medical scheduling software offers patient registration, appointment reminders, form builder, patient tracking, and customizable settings.
- NueMD allows patients to scan for available appointments and immediately see changes in scheduling on their mobile devices.
- On TrustRadius, NueMD had a rating of four out of five and showed an estimated revenue of $7 million.
- The SimplyBookMe software offers extensive medical scheduling on a fully functional website. It allows doctors and doctors' practices to accept appointments and send out reminders. They are also able to sell products on the platform.
- The software is considered a mobile booking website, allowing clients to book online while still facilitating manual bookings from healthcare providers. Booking websites appear in the respective time zone of the clients and can be disabled. Appointments are also allowed through Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Prices, as well as service duration times and wait periods, can be set by providers. The number of clients each linked provider can take at one time is also provided.
- SimplyBookMe was given a four and a half rating from software experts Capterra.
- It has an estimated revenue of $7 million.
- The AdvancedMD medical office platform is a software suite developed for medical, physical therapy and mental health practices, as well as independent labs.
- This scheduling software speeds up the movement of a practice’s front office, allowing workers to focus on more serious matters.
- AdvancedMD allows doctors to view the insurance history of the patient prior to the appointment. It sends out appointment reminders as a way of reducing late arrivals and no-shows.
- The software provides a snapshot view of the appointment schedule of each resource, provider, or location. It also allows for recurring appointments to be set all at once. Patients can be added to a waiting list, and providers are able to track office visits to better optimize patient experience and efficiently utilize staff and facility.
- In 2018, AdvancedMD made $3.37 million in revenue and has a rating of four out of five from software experts TrustRadius.
To conduct this research, we visited review, industry, and business websites to get a list of the key players in the healthcare system scheduling industry. Each website listed several providers of healthcare system scheduling. We reviewed each provider to see which ones can be considered key players. The team also checked which players were repeated in the five articles reviewed. We then selected companies that were mentioned in most of the articles. Some companies such as SimplyBookMe were mentioned in all five articles.
Capterra featured three of the five players, while FitSmallBusiness featured two. All five companies were mentioned on the review website TrustRadius and SoftwareAdvice. Our final source SelectHub listed three out of the five companies. The key players selected were therefore based on the reviews of the aforementioned sources. The team then used annual revenues where available, to support the expert opinions of these sources. Incomes for the companies were found using ZoomInfo and MacroTrends.
With our list of five, we then found the official product name and the company website for each. The website for each company also provided us with an overview of the respective scheduling services offered. Although the initially generated list contained more than five companies, we were unable to examine six due to time.
Another company, ECLIPSE, was mentioned in almost all the sourced article lists. Information about this company was scarce, and an official website was not found. As a result, it was left off the list of top five. Other companies found but not included in the top five were '10 to 8’, Phreesia, Epic, and SeriousMD.