Healthcare Pest Control Services Sector
The revenue generated by the pest control businesses for the top five companies in the US are as follows: Anticimex ($101.94 million), Ecolab ($465 million), Rentokil Initial ($1,043 million), Rollins ($1,677.1 million), and Terminix ($1,622 million).
- Anticimex is a global leader in pest control services with operations in 18 countries and 6,100 employees.
- In 2018, the company generated annual revenue of SEK 6,494 million ($687.56 million), of which 80% of the total revenue was generated by the pest control businesses across the world.
- The annual revenue generated by the US pest control operations in 2018 stood at SEK 963 million (101.94 million); this was confirmed by the company's recent annual report stating that 100% of the revenues generated in North America comprised pest control business operations in the US only.
- Anticimex generates about 68% of its revenue from the commercial segment, while the residential segment contributes about 32% to the total revenue.
- In 2018, about 15% of the company's total revenue was generated from the US pest control services; also, the country's revenue nearly doubled in 2018, from SEK 410 million to SEK 963 million, registering a growth of about 140%.
- The company's strategy for growth in the US includes the acquisition of well-established companies that offer high-quality pest control services.
- Rentokil Initial is a global service provider of route-based service. The company's core services include pest control and hygiene. Additionally, the company also provides specialist services like plants, property care, and workwear.
- Rentokil operates across 75 countries with a team of over 39,500 people in 2018.
- The total revenue generated by the company in 2018 was £2,493 million ($3,176 million). The revenue break-down according to business segment — Pest Control — 63% or £1,571.9 million; Hygiene Services — 22% or £536.7 million; Protect & Enhance Services — 15% or £384.4 million.
- According to the company's recent annual report about 38% ($1,206 million) of the global sales are generated from the North American market; further, the report states that the US comprise 95% ($1,146 million) of the North American market, followed by Canada at 4%, and Central America at 1%.
- In 2018, the share of revenue generated from the pest control services in North America was 91%; hence, the revenue generated by the US pest control services for the company in 2018 stood at $1,043 million.
- In 2018, Rentokil Initial acquired 14 US-based pest control companies to secure its coverage across 90% of the US population.
- Established in 1927, Terminix is a leading provider of residential and commercial pest and termite control services in the US.
- The company's annual revenue for 2018 stood at $1,655 million ; of which the US operations generated 98% ($1,622 million) of the revenue, and only 2% ($33 million) of the revenue was generated from businesses across Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America, India, Japan, South Korea, and the Middle East.
- In 2018, about 59% of the company's revenue was generated from pest control services, followed by 36% from termite and home services, and about 5% from the distribution of pest control products.
- The break-down of pest control revenues for the company operations in the US is as follows — Residential Pest Control-$655 million; Commercial Pest Control-$317 million; Termite and Home Services-$599 million; and Other-$84 million.
- In 2018, Terminix's pest control services revenue was driven by 67% residential services and 33% commercial services. Further, about 80% of the company revenue comes from customers who renew the contracts annually.
- As of 2018, the company operates across 47 states in the US with about 310 company-owned locations and over 100 franchise-owned locations.
- Terminix serves over 2.8 million customers in the US, with a workforce of more than 9,600 employees, visiting an average of 50,000 customers daily.
- The company only operates in the segment of pest and termite control business.
- Rollins primarily operates in the United States, with additional operations across Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Australia, Central America, the Middle East, Asia, Europe, and Africa.
- In 2018, the total global revenue generated by the company stood at $1,821.6 million. Whereas, the revenue generated from the US operations were $1,677.1 million or 92.07% of the global revenue.
- The break-up of revenue for the company's pest control services is as follows — Residential services: $773.93 million (42%); Commercial services: $707.38 million (39%); Termite completions and bait monitoring services: $332.57 million; and revenue from other services: $7.67 million.
- Rollins acquired 38 companies in 2018 and has a workforce of nearly 14,000 employees.
- Ecolab is a global leader in water, hygiene, energy technologies, and pest control services. The company operates across 170 countries with a team of over 49,000 associates.
- The company generated a total sales of $14.66 billion in 2018, of which about 58% was contributed by the North American Market and about 53% or $7.76 billion is contributed by the United States alone.
- The company's revenue generated according to the business segment include — Global Industrial services-36% or $5.27 billion; Global Institutional services-35% or $5.13 billion; Global Energy services-23% or $3.37 billion; and Other services (Pest Control)-6% or $879 million.
- Ecolab's revenue generated from the pest control operations in the US is calculated to be $465 million for the company. [Total revenue ($14.66 billion) x Revenue contribution by pest control (6%) x Revenue contribution by the US (53%) = $465 million]
- The global pest control market is valued at $18 billion, of which the North American market contributes about 50% or $12 billion to the global market.
- Additionally, the top 4 companies — Terminix, Rollins, Rentokil, & Ecolab generate over 30% or $3.6 billion of the total US pest control industry revenues.
- There are over 40,000 pest control service providers globally, of which about 50% or 20,000 companies are based in the US.
- The US pest control services market comprise 70% of residential customers and 30% commercial customers.