Healthcare Employee Training and Certification Services Sector
The top four companies that offer healthcare professional education and training are Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, Johnson and Johnson, and GE Healthcare.
The Global Health Education Solutions Market
- This market is projected to reach $13.3 billion USD by 2023 from $9.3 billion in 2018 at a CAGR of 7.4%.
- The healthcare education solutions market occupies the categories of "classroom-based courses and e-learning solutions."
- The major players in the United States are GE Healthcare, Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, and Johnson & Johnson.
1. GE HealthCare
- GE Healthcare had $19 billion in sales in 2017.
- GE Healthcare offers courses for clinical education in "intensive technical and clinical product training, Centricity IT Solutions training" and "continuing education opportunities."
- GE Healthcare's clinical education courses provide continuing education credits that can help professionals meet regulatory requirements. The courses include electronic fetal monitoring, ultrasound education, education about imaging exams, and computed tomography master series.
- GE Healthcare's pricing structure is not publicly available.
- GE Healthcare's email to request pricing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. zimmer Biomet
- In 2018, Zimmer Biomet had a net sales of $7.933 billion.
- The Zimmer Biomet Institute offers zbinetwork which is an online interactive site that allows healthcare professionals to access product, procedure, instrumentation, and related technologies learning. Their instructional courses are offered "through lecture, small group discussions, and exercises with hands-on" practice with surgical procedures.
- Zimmer Biomet also offers surgeon-to-surgeon programs to educate on surgical techniques. The Zimmer Biomet Educational Site Visit promotes the education of Zimmer Biomet products and technologies.
- Zimmer Biomet's pricing structure is not publicly available.
- Zimmer Biomet's phone number for assistance is 1-800-348-2759.
- Stryker's net sales were $13.6 billion in 2018.
- Stryker offers Focus RN that is a "free resource that provides clinical education and tools" for nurses, Teach Trauma and Extremities, Learn which provides educational grants to perioperative nurses, interventional spine to learn about Stryker's products and Spine Medical Education.
- Stryker basis their programs "on extensive research findings and practical industry knowledge."
- Stryker Learn has granted 132,000+ CEUs and offers 1,414 courses (Source 8).
- Stryker's pricing structure is not publicly available.
4. Johnson and Johnson
- Johnson and Johnson's revenue by segment in 2017 were as follows: (Consumer) $13.6 billion, (Pharmaceutical) $36.3 billion, and (Medical Devices) $26.6 billion.
- Johnson and Johnson Institute offers C-SATS which provides surgeons with "objective case reviews and personalize coaching."
- The online learning specialties include bariatric, bleeding management, breast, cardiology and electrophysiology, colorectal, craniomaxillofacial, foot and ankle, and gynecology.
- They have training facilities in Cincinnati, Ohio, Irvine, California, Jacksonville, Florida, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, Raynham, Massachusetts, Somerville, New Jersey, and West Chester, Pennsylvania.
- Johnson and Johnson's pricing structure is not publicly available.
- Johnson and Johnson's email for information and inquiries: JnJInstitute@its.jnj.com.
The research process began with a search for the top 4-5 companies who offer training and certification for healthcare employees. We defined top as companies in this space with the largest market share and projected growth. After determining the top four companies who provide healthcare employees with training and certification, we used their websites to provide information on their brand presence, and the services they offer, the size of the company/market share, and pricing structure. Unfortunately, because these are private institutions, the pricing information was not found for any of the company's education and training products and services. In looking for these pricing structures, we first searched the company's education and training pages for the information and this information was not found. Next, we looked for this information using informational pages for prospective students. However, each company suggests contacting them for pricing information. We also conducted a broader web search for any articles that have published information for any of the companies' cost of education or pricing structure. In order to determine the best pricing information for individual situations, we have provided each company's contact information.