Blue Cross Blue Shield Positioning Analysis
Blue Cross Blue Shield positions itself as the largest health network to its providers. We have utilized the official Blue Cross Blue Shield and trusted media publications to extract the relevant information. Below, we have compiled the information regarding the positioning, annual revenues, provider segments and case studies regarding Blue Cross Blue Shield.
BCBS DESCRIBING THEMSELVES TO PROVIDERS
Blue Cross Blue Shield Michigan (BCBS) describes itself as the largest health network to its providers. The company invites its providers to join its network and receive fast access to resources such as help centers, quick links and newsletters for checking benefits and submitting claims. Besides this, the company also invites providers to join its Provider Secured Services which allows providers to "quickly and easily" complete electronic fund transfers, and preview their benefits, authorizations and claims. BCBS lists a simple five-step registration process for its provider and positions itself as one of the most "well-known and respected names" in the medical insurance industry. BCBS offers access to HMO, PPO, Indemnity, and Medicare Advantage networks to its medical providers, and Indemnity, PPO, and nationwide dental networks to its dentists. The company also offers numerous technologies to its providers that allows them to track their patients and automate their business processes.
In the attached document, we have compiled the screenshots of the communication material used by Blue Cross Blue Shield.
WORDS AND PHRASES
- Trust: "Largest health network in the state"
- Service: "Providing Trusted Leadership Through Experience"
- Industry leader: "Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies cover 88 of America’s Fortune 100 employer"
- Patient health focus: "Covers more than 106 million people across every ZIP code in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico"
- Value: "Investing In The Health Of America"
- Payment: "Healthcare Coverage Designed for Your Community, Accessible Across the Country"
- Processes: "We offer participating providers a variety of electronic self-service tools that automate your business processes and give you the information you need 24/7"
- Communication: "Personalized provider website for contractual notifications and other important news and updates"; "Network representatives"
- Data: "Improving America's Health Through Data-Driven Solutions"
- Tools: "Delivering Better Care Through Innovation"
- Technology: "We offer a number of technologies to help contracted providers do business with us"
According to the 2018 report published on Blue Cross Blue Shield by the Balance, the company has an annual revenue of about $320 million.
TARGETED PROVIDER SEGMENTS
The main provider segments targeted and served by Blue Cross Blue Shield are:
- Physicians, facilities and other health care professionals
- Medical groups and clinics
- Facility providers (hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and behavioral health facilities)
- Ancillary providers
CASE STUDIES / ARTICLES BY BRANDING AGENCIES
Following are the case studies and articles published by branding agencies that have collaborated with Blue Cross Blue Shield:
- In January 2018, the branding agency Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners published an article regarding its collaboration with Blue Cross Blue Shield California on the "Never Stop" campaign.
- In 2018, the branding agency Gensler published a case study regarding its collaboration with Blue Cross Blue Shield New Jersey on the design of a street-level retail space.
- In 2018, the branding agency YouGov published a case study report regarding its collaboration with Blue Cross Blue Shield on a market survey about the company's popularity. According to the report, Blue Cross Blue Shield is the second most popular insurance brand in the US.
- In April 2018, the branding agency Regence published an article regarding its collaboration with Blue Cross Blue Shield for enrolling new members.