Health Conscious Adults 25-54 Research
Some publications that people aged 25-54 years old, in the United States, read actively include the Cosmopolitan, the New Yorker, and National Geographic. The number of Americans aged 25-34 years old who pay for online news increased significantly between 2016 and 2017 from 8% to 20%.
- The Cosmopolitan magazine has a readership of over 32 million. An average of 12.98 million readers accessed the publication through its mobile website in 2017.
- A majority of Cosmopolitan readers are women, and over 4 million women subscribers are above the age of 34 years old.
- The target audience for Cosmopolitan publications is people aged 18-49 years old.
- What attracts the millennial and Generation X to read Cosmopolitan magazine include topics of sex and dating, self-enrichment, love, career, fashion, beauty, health and fitness, food and cocktails, pop culture, and the various Cosmo products like sunglasses and handbag advertisements.
- According to Com score 2020, the Cosmopolitan website receives 4.1 million unique visitors a month, a majority being millennials and Generation X age brackets.
The New York Times
- The millennial makes up one-third of the New York Times readership traffic. In total, the New York Times has an average readership of over 64 million in both print and digital content.
- As of 2020, the New York Times had over 3.89 million digital-only news paid subscribers.
- What attracts both Generation X and the millennials to the New York Times is the political news and other core news products, crosswords, and cooking articles.
- BuzzFeed is an internet news media company in the United States that offers both social and entertainment news. The publication receives around 39 million millennial visitors on its platform, accessed through digital and mobile technology.
- As of October 2017, the number of BuzzFeed readers from the United States was 163 million.
- Millennials make up 60% of Buzzfeed's readership in the United States, and 50% of BuzzFeed website visitors are 18 to 34 years old.
- What attracts the age group 22-54 years to BuzzFeed are the quizzes that are entertaining and shareable, entertainment news, viral videos, pop-culture content, and celebrity interviews.
The New Yorker
- The New Yorker is one of the prominent publications in the United States, covering news on culture, politics, and entertainment in satire, essays, fiction, poetry, and even cartoons. Millennials contribute to one-third of the New Yorker's web traffic.
- In 2017, the number of subscribers aged 25-34 years old to the New Yorker increased by 129%.
- What attracts the age group 25-54 years old to the New Yorker is the cultural news, political news, lifestyle sections, and poetry.
- National Geographic magazine subscription is available in print, print and digital, or digital-only.
- Both the millennials and Generation X read this magazine to discover places to visit, go camping, read the stories, and view photography. Both generations consider National Geographic publications an excellent place to start and adventure as it prepares them with all the tools and information they'd need for a trip. The magazine is published ten times a year.
- The target audience for National Geographic is men aged 30-50 years. The National Geographic magazine publication covers news about space, history, health, and technology, among other things.
- National Geographic receives around 50,000 to 100,000 new unique readers every month from Generation X and Millennials, globally. Millennials make up 27.5% of National Geographic readership.
- Millennials also read People Magazine, Time, Vogue, and the Men's Journal, according to a study conducted by Ypulse.
- Publication brands like Teen Vogue had to cut back on print production to focus on digital content on platforms like Snapchat and Facebook live to accommodate both millennials and Generation X readership needs in this era of technology.
- Generation X consumes content from traditional media and digital media, while millennials are overly reliant on technology/smartphones to read magazines.
- Around 75% of millennials are likely to engage publications that provide high-quality products, 61% of millennials are likely to recommend a brand magazine they subscribe to their peers, 53% of millennials would read a publication that resonates with their personality, 39% would read a publication that highlights essential things. In comparison, 40% would subscribe to a publication over social responsibility.
- According to a study, 73% of Generation X in the United States read magazines offline, 60% identify with ads on magazines, and 51% act on the advert. About 72% of millennials read magazines offline, 56% identify with ads in magazines, and 49% take action on seeing the advert in a magazine.
- About 13% of millennials would pay for a subscription to a physical magazine.