Top D2C Skincare Brands
The top direct-to-consumer skincare brands in the US are Harry's, Dollar Shave Club, Kylie Cosmetics, and Glossier.
- Harry's is a skincare company that specializes in providing shaving stick, shaving gel, bath wash, soap, and face lotion. The company started as and operates majorly as a direct-to-consumer company. However, Harry's is not purely a direct-to-consumer company as it also relies on wholesales to Walmart and Target, among other stores.
- The company is ranked as one of the top direct-to-consumer skincare company based on its revenue of between $250 million and $400 million. The company's revenue is probably about $325 million given that Edgwell, a company that almost bought Harry's for $1.3 billion in 2019, stated that they expect the company to bring in $325 million in revenue annually. The company is believed to have about 2% market share.
Dollar Shave Club
- Dollar Shave Club is a skincare company that focuses on providing shaving sticks, lotions, soaps, hair lotions, and wipes. The company operates a direct-to-consumer model.
- The company is ranked as one of the top direct-to-consumer skincare company based on its revenue of $250 million and 4 million subscribers. The company is believed to have about 8% market share of the men's shaving industry.
- Kylie Cosmetics is an American cosmetics company that was founded by celebrity Kylie Jenner. The company provides make-ups and skincare solutions. They operate a direct-to-consumer model in the US.
- The company is ranked as one of the top direct-to-consumer skincare company based on its revenue of $177 million in 2018.
- Glossier provides skincare and beauty products in the US. The company's products include lotions, make-ups, cologne, lipsticks, body wash, soaps, among others. They operate a direct-to-consumer model and are very popular in the US.
- Glossier was determined as one of the top companies because it generates a revenue of over $100 million and has over 1 million customers.
To select the top direct-to-consumer skincare brands in the US, our research team started by searching for any compiled data or research on the subject. We searched research databases, statistical databases, industry and media databases such as Statista, Forbes, Grandview Research, Business Insiders, Inc, among others. Although we found several related reports, we didn't find any that used a comparable metric to rank the top direct-to-consumer skincare brands in the US.
Hence, we decided to find several reports on the top skincare brands in the US, select companies that appear in several of such lists, and find each company's revenue data in order to rank the companies. We explored lists such as those compiled by No Middle Man, CNN, Tribe Dynamics, Statista, and Hubspot. We then selected brands that appeared in most of the lists and ranked the top companies by available revenue data above.