What are the hacks, white-hat/black-hat, processes, procedures, and or steps that can be taken to improve/increase the sales velocity of ones inventory as an Amazon FBA reseller. Currently our company has been using a repricer (to achieve a higher "BBP" Buy Box Percentage), we also just recently started inserting keywords related to the searches of a products ASIN that we have in inventory under "search terms" within the edit listing features of the backend seller.central account. I'd like to know best practices, tips, tricks, hacks, manipulations and otherwise ways to self manufacture higher sales velocity.
Thank you for your question about the hacks, processes, procedures, and or steps that can be taken to improve/increase the sales velocity of ones inventory as an Amazon FBA reseller. In short, the steps that can be taken to improve sales velocity are mainly focused on products listings' visual appearance, feedback management, keyword research optimization, expanding opportunities, special discounts, sponsored product campaigns and Facebook advertising capabilities.
Below you will find a deep dive of our findings.
In our research, we used information from corporate websites, trusted media sites, user's forums and review sites in order to compile the most comprehensive list of the steps and tips for increasing sales velocity as an FBA seller.
STEPS AND TIPS FOR INCREASING SALES VELOCITY AS AN FBA SELLER
1. Use Amazon sponsored product campaigns - by running an Amazon sponsored product campaign the consistency of your sales can be improved. This campaign is a Pay-Per-Click (PPC) system, where if the customer clicks on the ad, you'll be charged, but it puts you on the first page of search results and detail page. Begin with an automatic campaign, evaluate its financial performance, then find the highest converting keywords and then switch to manual campaigns management in order to "target these keywords and improve your conversion rates and sales velocity".
2. Improve the products' listings by:
- improving products' images - according to this article, "most buyers are visually oriented", so the better the image the more customers you'll attract. Present products by vivid and high-quality images, which comply with Amazon's image requirements.
- using a consistent writing voice in products' descriptions - in your products listings' descriptions feature the most important characteristics, using the most catchy words and formatting (like bullet points), and be consistent, as this is one of the premises for building a brand identity.
- maintaining a competitive price - in order to maintain a competitive price a relevant market research must be implemented.
3. Expand to local Amazon websites - as FBA ships worldwide, a good tip for increasing the sales velocity will be to search for expanding opportunities. For example look at expanding to local Amazon websites, like Canada and China.
4. Use Facebook advertising capabilities - according to this article,
businesses can get as much as 70% of their customers from Facebook ads. Facebook's targeting capabilities are attractive, offering the opportunity to focus on specific segments, drive high-quality traffic to the Amazon products' listings. This "gives sellers a large boost in organic rankings by increasing sales velocity and conversion rates". Start with creating a business page on Facebook, setting up an ad account, get acquainted with the ad types and variables and choose the best fitting your target's needs.
5. Use special discount in return for reviews - this is an example of a tip to increase the products listings' reviews. They are very important as nowadays they equal personal recommendations. Give a discount with a one-time promo code in return for a verified review. But try finding good reviews that include media - video, pictures, etc. Also, contact sellers outside of Amazon to provide reviews - this will not have an impact on the Amazon ratings, but will improve the product by receiving a feedback on it.
6. Improve the SEO - the keywords are used for products listings' rankings and higher exposure with Amazon search. The products' listings must be easily found, when searched. This article suggests implementing a keyword research, which identifies "primary and secondary keywords and their relevant combinations so that you can finally add them to your product listing". According to this article, the Amazon keyword tool should be used to gather long-tail keywords, then Googles' keyword planner tool to estimate their search volume.
7. Market to the Amazon customers - build a long-term relationship with Amazon customers by offering a discount with second purchase. Send the discount by direct email or postcard with the promotional code.
8. Stick to price-availability-selection-sales history algorithm -
- Price - keep your listings fresh by shuffling "your sales tags up and down every six weeks or so".
- Availability - check for in-stock inventory availability and "how many of a certain product you have left in stock shows up on your page, letting buyers know if you’re pricing it to sell or pricing it by market standards".
- Selection - Users actually don't know what others search for because Amazon guards the information.
- Sales History: Amazon pays attention to the sales volume. The sales history is "Where you rank matters on how much you sell".
9. Build a good feedback score - this article suggests using a feedback management system for improving the feedback score. One of the most effective ways to ask for a feedback is the direct marketing by email.
To wrap it up, the steps that can be taken to improve sales velocity are mainly focused on products listings' visual appearance, feedback management, keyword research optimization, expanding opportunities, special discounts, sponsored product campaigns and Facebook advertising capabilities.
Thank you for using Wonder! Please let us know if we can help with anything else!