Habitat for Humanity: Press Scan
Habitat for Humanity has appeared in the media because of its programming, funding and other initiatives. The requested information has been completed in the attached document.
Habitat For Humanity Reaches Milestone By Helping OKC Resident Rebuild Home
- In October 2019, Habitat for Humanity in Oklahoma City reached a milestone, completing its 500th Critical Home Repair.
Spectrum, Habitat for Humanity Team Up to Help Homeowners
- In 2019, Spectrum and Habitat partnered for a national charity initiative. The program intends to build 50,000 houses by the end of 2020.
Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna, Bank of America partner in largest Global Build since initiative launched in 2014
- In October 2019, Habitat, Susquehanna, and Bank of America came together for the sixth Global Build. 2,800 volunteers in 107 communities, and 9 countries came together for the largest Global Build to date.
Habitat For Humanity Partners With Schools To Build New Kind Of Homes
- Habitat in Denver are working with schools to build Accessory Dwelling Units or ADU’s. The homes are small enough to fit in the backyards of current homes. The homes are being built in yards of existing Habitat homes and allow the homeowners to charge rental income.
Habitat for Humanity builds energy efficient homes, sustainable for years
- Homes being built in Kentucky by Habitat are 30 to 40% more sustainable than traditional homes. The homes are also built with larger hallways to make them comfortable as people age or face disabilities.
Habitat for Humanity program aims to empower women to help other women
- Habitat for Humanity's Women Build program is a program created to empower women to learn about construction and repairs, all while helping other women in need.
Habitat for Humanity aims to bring affordable housing to veterans
- Veterans Build focuses on building, mobilizing, employing, educating and honoring veterans. The program's mission is to create affordable housing for veterans.
Blue Federal Credit Union partners with Habitat for Humanity in Wyoming and Colorado
- Blue Federal Credit Union takes part in an annual volunteer event called Discovery Day. The event is planned on Columbus Day, a day the bank is closed.
Meet Teresa Bianchi: Habitat for Humanity director and homebuilder
- Teresa Bianchi gave an interview detailing the company's mission and goals. Stating that the aim is to give people a hand up and not a hand out.
High tech, lots of volunteers key to Habitat for Humanity's new Sonoma County housing factory
- A factory in Rohnert Park, Habitat for Humanity Sonoma County is helping to make the program successful in the area. The factory uses computer-aided framing design and 3D tablets to streamline the construction process.
Bank of America awards grant to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Dayton
- The Bank of America Charitable Foundation donated $230,000 to Ohio Habitat groups.
Habitat for Humanity Offers Vet & Senior Services
- Aging in Place is a Habitat program offered to veterans and seniors to help them learn how to fix things around their homes.
Children Believe CEO joins Habitat for Humanity C-Suite
- Patrick Canagasingham will join Habitat in March 2020 as chief operating officer.
Sonoma County Habitat for Humanity suspending homebuilding because of cash crunch
- Sonoma County Habitat for Humanity is suspending homebuilding because of a lack of funding. The chapter has been in place for over 35 years but is facing financial difficulties.
Habitat for Humanity doubling annual efforts to replace tornado-destroyed homes
- Habitat for Humanity’s Road to Recovery Blitz Build plans to double its efforts to replace tornado destroyed homes in 2020.