Great Wolf Lodge Customer Perception
Customer perceptions of Great Wolf Lodge appears to be positive in general, with guests specifically highlighting the fun-factor of the experience as a significant contributor to their overall perception. Across the 17 Great Wolf Lodge locations in the U.S., they have received a total rating of 4.34/5 on Google Reviews, which is classified as "very good" by their own metrics. A detailed overview of customers' perceptions and sentiments on the Great Wolf Lodge as well as calculations to back our findings up have been provided in the following report.
Google Reviews — Great Wolf Lodge Locations
- Great Wolf Lodge has a total of 17 locations spread across the United States. The locations are as follows:
- Grand Mound: 4.3/5 stars out of 8,682 reviews.
- Southern California: 4.5/5 stars out of 7,493 reviews.
- Colorado Springs: 4.3/5 stars out of 4,560 reviews.
- Scottsdale, Arizona: 4.3/5 stars out of 803 reviews.
- Traverse City: 4.4/5 stars out of 4,369 reviews.
- Wisconsin Dells: 4.3/5 stars out of 4,882 reviews.
- Fitchburg: 4.3/5 stars out of 5,932 reviews.
- Kansas City: 4.3/5 stars out of 4,214 reviews.
- Sandusky: 4.4/5 stars out of 4,723 reviews.
- Pocono Mountains: 4.4/5 stars out of 7,513 reviews.
- Mason: 4.4/5 stars out of 6,511 reviews.
- Minnesota: 4.1/5 stars out of 3,704 reviews.
- Williamsburg: 4.3/5 stars out of 6,259 reviews.
- Illinois: 4.2/5 stars out of 3,867 reviews.
- Concord: 4.5/5 stars out of 6,275 reviews.
- Georgia: 4.5/5 stars out of 3,637 reviews.
- Grapevine: 4.3/5 stars out of 8,205 reviews.
- The average rating customers have given Great Wolf Lodge is 4.34/5 in total.
- A common phrase visitors use when describing their experience at Great Wolf Lodge is, "a lot of fun." A substantial amount of reviews by customers specifically lauded the fun aspect of the trip as one of their highlights of the overall experience as well as the environment being family-friendly.
- Tara, one of the customers described her experience in detail, saying, "We have visited Great Wolf several times. Even after visiting other area water parks... our family agrees Great Wolf Lodge is the best! A lot of fun and good food!" This sentiment seems to resonate with several other visitors as well, with a significant majority sharing the same perceptions.
- Guests also held the offerings of Great Wolf Lodge such as the amenities, food, water park, and the room in high regard.
- Positive customer feedback and perception has allowed Great Wolf Lodge to lean on its brand recognition to strategically expand its presence into more locations within the U.S.
- In terms of location, cleanliness, service, and value, customers have generally placed value as the lowest rated of the four options available. Many of the reviewers mentioned that while they enjoyed the overall experience, they were critical of the high prices.
- There has even been a lot of chatter online by customers/potential customers whether Great Wolf Lodge is worth the price, especially with regard to the upcoming location set to open in Manteca.
Great Wolf Lodge officially has a total of 18 locations in the U.S. according to its official web page. However, the location in Manteca in Northern California is still under construction and is scheduled to officially open later this year. While there have already been a few reviews on Google Reviews on the Manteca location, we opted not to include this as part of our calculations as it has not been officially opened yet. To ensure the utmost accuracy as well as minimizing bias, we opted to obtain our data from crowdsourced review websites unaffiliated with Great Wolf Lodge such as Google Reviews. Through combination of this strategy and the extensive research we've exerted, this has allowed us to have a good understanding of what customers, in general, feel about Great Wolf Lodge both location-wise and as a whole. Our reasoning for leveraging Google Reviews to obtain the star ratings is because of the fact that websites such as TripAdvisor allows for businesses to use tools to encourage and collect guest reviews, which may open up the possibility that the review could be biased. We were careful in undertaking measures to ensure that the reviews we have selected have no indication of bias to provide an accurate perception by customers on Great Wolf Lodge. We searched for common themes, by using keywords, to see what customers have been saying about their experience with Great Wolf Lodge. We then corroborated our findings with other trusted review websites to see if we could establish a pattern in terms of customer experience and thus provide an accurate finding of customer perception of Great Wolf Lodge. We then synthesized the information we came across and produced the report as shown above.
To calculate the average star rating given by customers taken from all 18 Great Wolf Lodge locations in the United States:
- Star ratings: (4.3 + 4.5+ 4.3 + 4.3 + 4.4 + 4.3 + 4.3 + 4.3 + 4.4 + 4.4 + 4.4 + 4.1 + 4.3 + 4.2 + 4.5 + 4.5 + 4.3) = 73.8
- Number of locations in the U.S. = 17.
- Average star rating: 77.4 ÷ 17 = 4.34.