Company Overview - Grain and Berry
Grain and Berry was founded in 2017 and now have 7 locations in Florida with plans to expand nationwide.
Grain and Berry
- Grain and Berry was founded in the summer of 2017 by founders Trey Kessler, Douglas Lang, and Kirsten Lang.
- They serve superfoods-based smoothie bowls such as hot pink pitaya, teal blue spirulina and deep purple acai.
- According to one of their founders Douglas Lang, they started because of her daughter's health issue and they found that acais bowls can be good for her and when he met co-founder Trey Kessler they were inspired to build a restaurant that serve healthy acai bowls.
- Co-founder Kristen Lang created their menu that consists of bowls, fruit smoothies, yogurt parfaits and banana splits, avocado toast, and juices.
- Although they started in 2017, they are on track to secure franchisees for 100 locations across the state of Florida within three years.
- They have secured seven franchisees who are planning to open 19 locations throughout the state.
- Their first location is in Palm Harbor, FL.
- Then the company opened locations in the USF area and Westchase in 2018.
- In April 12, 2019, they opened a mall spot in Brandon Mall.
- In May 2019 they opened two new locations in South Dale Mabry and North Dale Mabry Highway.
- According to a franchisee, the growth of Grain and Berry is due to their tasty healthy instagrammable bowls. Apart from being healthy, their foods can be customized.
- They are voted #1 by Tampa Bay Times for best bowl.
- They market as a superfood cafe with a focus on signature acai bowls and fresh fruits are delivered to each location six days a week.
- They are available for franchising in 37 states.
- Their headquarters is located at 33840 US HWY 19 N, Palm Harbor, FL 34684.
- They currently have 7 locations all in Florida.
- These locations are in Palm Harbor, USF Tampa, Westchase, Key West, Brandon Mall, South Tampa and Carrolwood.
- Locations that are opening soon are located in New Tampa, Trinity, Maitland, Spring Hill, Riverview, St. Petersburg, Ocoee, and Hamlin (Winter Garden).
- A new location can be launched for $150,000 to $300,000.
- They collect a franchise fee of $25,000, and Grain & Berry receives 6% of a franchise monthly revenue and also collect 2% from advertising fee.
To provide a comprehensive overview of Grain and Berry we first looked through the company website and found their history, locations, and press releases that pertains to the company and its growth. We also looked through articles and reports that mentions Grain and Berry to provide more information. For their financial, we found that Grain and Berry is a privately held company and financial information such as revenue is unavailable publicly. We also looked through third party company websites such as Hoovers and Crunchbase for their financial but did not find anything significant.