Global Tours and Activities Market
- The North American travel and tourism market is segmented by products and services into package holidays, hotel stays, private vacation rentals, and cruises.
- By activities, the North American travel and tourism market is segmented into passenger airlines, passenger rail, foodservice, hotels and motels, travel intermediaries, and casinos and gaming market.
- Based on activities, the foodservice segment of the travel and tourism market in North America has a market share of 56.3%, with total revenues of $646.4 billion.
This report provides insights into the fragmentation of the North American travel and tourism market.
1. Segmentation by Products and Services
- The segmentation of the North American travel and tourism market can be classified based on products and services into:
- Package holidays
- Hotel stays
- Private vacation rentals
- The hotel stays segment generates the most revenue with a market volume of $88.91 billion projected to be generated from the sector in 2022.
- The historical and projected revenue from each segment can be found below.
2. Segmentation by Activities
- By activities, the North American travel and tourism market is segmented into:
- Passenger airlines
- Passenger rail
- Hotels and motels
- Travel intermediaries
- Casinos and gaming market
- According to a market report published by Market Research, the foodservice segment has a 56.3% share of the travel and tourism market in North America, with total revenues of $646.4 billion.
- Further breakdown of the share and revenue generated from other segments is gated behind a paywall.
We relied on industry reports published by reputable sources such as Statista and Market Research among others for this research. Note that while the sources we have used for this research didn't provide a caption for the different segmentation, we have assumed the captions 'segmentation by activities/product and services' based on the segments provided by each source.