Arcade Gaming Market Global Market Size, Part 1
The global market size of arcade gaming is approximately $25.46 billion in 2019 and IS expected to decline at a 9.28% CAGR reaching $20.96 billion in 2021.
GLOBAL MARKET SIZE
- The global VR arcade gaming is expected to be at $45.09 billion by 2025.
- The global arcade gaming industry is expected to decline at a CAGR of 9.28% from 2017 to 2021.
- The global arcade gaming market is projected to be worth $20.96 billion by the year 2021.
- The top trends driving this growth and popularity for arcade gaming in the world include the use of 360-degree cameras, the increasing use of VR headsets, and that the industry is becoming a tourist attraction.
OTHER HELPFUL FINDINGS
ON ARCADE GAMING US MARKET SIZE
- In the US, the Arcade, Food and Entertainment industry has reached a combined value of $2 billion in 2019 and is expected to continue growing at a 3.5% rate.
ON PINBALL GLOBAL MARKET SIZE
- According to the Detroit News, the number of competitions and pinball players in the world has been growing in the last decade. In 2006, the number of players in the world was 500 in 50 competitions which grew to 55,000 players in 2017 in 4,500 competitions in the world.
- Last year, NBC News reported that 3,500 pinball tournaments happened last year in 24 countries and that over 100,000 people competed.
- In Japan alone, gamblers spend $200 billion every year in pinball gambling machines called Pachinko.
ON PINBALL US MARKET SIZE
- In the US, the pinball industry's revenue has been decreasing in the past years from $423.3 million generated in 2006 to $233.4 million generated in 2010.
We began our research by looking for precompiled reports of the Arcade Gaming industry in the world through credible industry research and reports companies like PR Newswire, Market Watch, and Business Wire, among others. While we were able to find the CAGR of the global industry and the market size projected for 2021 through separate industry reports, we were unable to find the current market size. As a second step, we tried to look for readily available data in industry magazines, news, and financial sources like CNBC, Forbes, and Independent. Through this search, we were able to find insights into the status of the arcade gaming industry and its upcoming trends, but not the current market size as a global market or by region.
Since we already found enough data points to calculate the current global market size, we decided to triangulate the information and calculate it using an online CAGR calculator, this calculation was compiled in a single document. We found that the 2021 global market size value will be US$20.96 billion, so we used this as the final value in the calculator. We also found that the market has a declining CAGR for the period of 2017-2021 or 9.28% so we indicated this as a negative CAGR value in the calculator and marked a 2-year period (from 2021) to determine the initial value or the market size of 2019. The calculator gave the result of $25,467,434,344.57 or $25.46 billion for 2019.
We were unable to locate the US and Europe market size of the arcade gaming industry, as well as the pinball industry. We began our research by looking for precompiled reports of the Arcade Gaming industry and Pinball industry through credible industry research organizations mentioned above. While these sources gave us the information needed to calculate the global market size of the arcade gaming industry, most of the information was hidden behind paywall and could not be accessed.
As a second step, we searched for readily available data in credible industry magazines, news, and financial sources specific for the US and European market. Through this search, we were able to find insights into the status of the arcade gaming industry and its upcoming trends but not the current market size by region. We found hints on the increasing interest on pinball by the Americans and Japanese and the US market size for the entire Arcade, Food and Entertainment industry, but nothing on the market size specifically for arcade gaming or pinball in the US and Europe.
We then decided to broaden our criteria to 10 years ago with the objective of finding earlier reports of the industries in the US or Europe that would allow us to calculate the market size in 2019. While we found a number of relevant articles on the trends of the arcade industry at that time, they did not contain valuable data for our search. However, we found the US market size of the Pinball industry from 2006 to 2010 with decreasing value.
As our last resort, we tried to locate data points in the report or articles found that would give us the market share the US and Europe represented from the global industry to calculate their size. The Market Watch report claims to have the market size and industry information divided by region including the US and Europe. NBC29 also contains information regarding the pinball industry. Anything Research has an industry report dedicated to the US. However, no report or article gave enough data to understand the percentage or size these regions represented, because the information was once again hidden behind a paywall. With the data found for the pinball industry in the US, we tried to calculate the CAGR and growth from 2010 to 2017, but based on the information that the market suffered a fall from 2006 to 2010, this has given an invalid result. Finally, we concluded that the market size of arcade gaming for the US and Europe or the overall pinball market size are not publicly available but can be obtained through the presented paid reports.