Global Custom Polyester T-Shirt Market Size
The global custom t-shirt printing is estimated at $7.37 billion in 2020 and expected to reach $10 billion by 2025. The average price of a custom polyester t-shirt in the U.S. is $17.44.
- In 2020, the global custom t-shirt printing market is estimated at $7.37 billion.
- The average price of a custom printed polyester t-shirt in the U.S. is $17.44
- The market is expected to reach $10 billion by 2025.
- Screen printing segment of the market had the highest market share of over 55% in 2016.
- Graphics segment holds the largest share in the design segment of the custom t-shirt market.
- The custom t-shirt printing market is highly fragmented due to numerous vendors in the market.
- CustomInk, Vista Group, Threadbird, Printful, Printaholic are some of the key players in the industry.
Information on the polyester segment of the custom t-shirt printing market is not publicly available. We began by combing through industry report sites like Credence Research, Market and Markets, Grandview Research, Statista, Transparency Research, among others for the market size/revenue of the polyester segment. Unfortunately, the information on the segment is not readily available, and there's not enough recent study on the market as most reports were dated 2017 and covered an eight-year forecast period. An analysis of the market by segments (polyester) is only available behind a paywall on market report sources; hence, we were not able to determine the size through this strategy. Next, we searched through media sites for information on revenue of the polyester segment of the market. We combed through sources such as PRNewswire, GlobeNewsWire, Dagoretti News, OpenPR, BusinessWire, among others. The goal was to locate news articles covering the revenue generated by the market segment. Although we were able to find information on the custom t-shirt printing market, it was limited to the market size of the overall market and a breakdown by segment (polyester included) was only available behind a paywall. We shifted our strategy to search for the market share of the polyester t-shirt market segment. The goal was to locate the market share of the polyester segment and use to calculate the revenue of the segment using the overall market size of the custom t-shirts printing market. We combed through industry report sites, media sites, articles by experts in the industry, and blogs by market leaders in the industry. We also searched for the market share of other types of materials used in the industry (Cotton, Lycra, Linen, Rayon, and Blends) to use in determining the market size of the polyester segment by subtracting the other segment revenues from the overall revenue of the industry. Unfortunately, there's no information covering the market share of segments.
For the average selling price of a custom printed polyester t-shirt, since the information is not readily available as there's no market report covering the price of custom printed t-shirt, we turned to triangulating the data by reviewing the costs of custom polyester t-shirt listed on U.S. e-commerce sites by different vendors and calculating the mean price of the first 20 products listed on the site.
2020 Market size
- 2025 market size: $10 billion
- CAGR: 6.3%
- Calculating the 2020 market size: PV = FV / (1 + r)^y
- where, PV = 2020 market size, FV = 2025 market size, r = CAGR, and y = period (5 years)
- PV = $10 billion / ((6.3 / 100) + 1)^5 = $7,367,729,579