Global Automotive Interior Materials: Top Global Players
Some of the top global players in the automotive interior materials market include Adient, Lear, Grupo Antolin, Toyota Boshoku, and Toyoda Gosei. Full details on these companies are outlined in the attached spreadsheet.
- Description: Adient is a leader in the automotive seating industry and the majority of its operations focused on interior materials products.
- Revenue: $17.4 billion
- Market share: 37.32% ($17.4 billion / $46.63 billion)
- Description: Lear is a leading global supplier of automotive seating systems as well as electrical distribution systems. The majority of the company's sales comes from the seating segment, which accounts for 77% of its total sales.
- Revenue: $16.25 billion (77% x $21.1 billion)
- Market share: 34.84% ($16.25 billion / $46.63 billion)
TOYOTA BOSHOKU CORPORATION
- Description: Toyota Boshoku’s interior materials products are segmented within the 'Interior & Exterior' and 'Seats' segments, which accounted for around 90% of the company’s total sales.
- Revenue: $11.16 billion (90% x $12.4 billion)
- Market share: 23.93% ($11.16 billion / $46.63 billion)
TOYODA GOSEI CO., LTD
- Description: Toyoda Gosei offers interior/exterior parts, weather-strips, and safety system products such as airbags for the automotive industry. The 'Interior and Exterior Parts' and 'Safety System Products' segments accounted for 82.7% of the company’s total revenue.
- Revenue: $5.95 billion (82.7% x $7.2 billion)
- Market share: 12.77% ($5.95 billion / $46.63 billion)
- Description: Grupo Antolin is one of the largest players in the car interiors market and a worldwide supplier of headliner substrates. The majority of its operations focused on interior materials products.
- Revenue: $5.8 billion
- Market share: 12.44% ($5.8 billion / $46.63 billion)
We first identify some of the key players in the industry by examining reports published by various market research sites such as Markets and Markets, GM Insights, and Market Research. Along with the five companies provided above, Sage Automotive Interiors and Faurecia have also been listed as major players on these reports. As their market share in the industry is not publicly available, we examined their estimated revenue to identify the five largest players. As Adient, Lear, and Grupo Antolin do not publish sales figures for their interior materials segment only, we used the segment that contained this particular segment as a proxy or their total revenue if the majority of their operations focused on this segment. Similarly, we have used the interior and exterior materials combined segment for Toyota Boshoku and Toyoda Gosei as a proxy.