GHD Market Size
The market size for GHD in 2020 is estimated at $1.65 billion. The number of diagnoses made every year vary between adults and children as well as globally, with estimates as high as 1 per 1,800 children. The earliest age of diagnosis is commonly 5 years of age, with a second diagnostic peak taking place during teenage years.
- The market size for GHD is estimated at $1.65 billion for 2020, with a CAGR of 3.9%. The most recent report estimates this market will grow to $2.08 billion by the end of 2026.
- Prevalence of GHD is difficult to estimate due to variable diagnosis criteria and the lack of a gold-standard diagnostic test.
- Studies performed worldwide show an incidence in children as high as 1 per 1,800 children in Sri Lanka, and as low as 1 in 30,000 children in Newcastle, United Kingdom.
- New onset cases in adults have an estimated incidence of 1.2 per 100,000 adults.
- In the United States, GHD incidence in adults rises to 2 per 100,000 in adults after patients that were diagnosed as children are included in the criteria.
- There is a statistically significant difference in the prevalence of GHD between males and females. Studies have shown that 72% of patients are male while 27% are female in idiopathic cases, which are those in which no cause is identified. Moreover, 62% of patients were males and only 38% were female in organic cases.
- Diagnosis usually take place at two ages. When patients are 5 years old, and when they are 12-16 years old in the case of females and 10-13 years old in the case of males.
The most recent market size estimation for GHD sales was from 2016, with a calculated growth rate (CAGR) estimated at 3.9%. This CAGR was used to estimate GHD market size in 2020.