5 of CancerIQ's competitors in the genetic testing market include Centogene, Gene by Gene, NeoGenomics, Ambry Genetics and Myriad. Each of these companies expansive operations in the U.S. and all are headquartered there, except Centogene whose headquarters are in Rostock, Germany.
- Branding itself the 'Rare Diseases Company', Centogene was founded in 2006 with the sole vision to transform genetic and clinical data into useful medical solutions for patients with rare genetic ailments.
- Centogene posits that their data repository is the biggest repository on rare genetic illnesses in the world.
- CentoCancer is Centogene's premier and specific cancer panel with all known penetrant cancer genes. It lists 56 genes and tests for breast, ovarian, colorectal, gastric, bowel, endometrial, pancreatic, melanoma, renal and prostate cancer.
- A direct link to Centogene's website can be found here.
- With over 400 highly qualified international personnel, Centogene is considered the European market leader in genetic testing and one of the largest genetic biotech companies in the world.
- Myriad was founded in 1991 . Since this was ten years before the human genome was sequenced, Myriad postulates that this makes them one of the pioneer companies in genomics.
- Their product services includes molecular diagnostic tests for hereditary and urological cancer, autoimmune disorders, depression among other diseases. Myriad is accredited with discovering the following genes: BRCA1, BRCA2, p16, PTEN and ELAC2- various genes associated with many cancers.
- A direct link to their website can be found here.
- Myriad is an industry leader when it comes to prediction tools. EndoPredict is Myriad's cancer recurrence test that helps map out the possibility of recurrence within a 5-15 year time frame. It has also developed the Myriad My Risk Hereditary Cancer, a gene panel that identifies risks of breast, gastric, colorectal, pancreatic, ovarian, melanoma, endometrial and prostate cancers. riskScore, Myriad's revolutionary risk-predicting tool, is touted to predict a woman's risk in developing breast cancer within her remaining lifetime.
- With presence in 128 countries and over 2,900 staff, Myriad prides itself as an international pioneer and leader in molecular diagnostics and precision medicine.
Gene by Gene
- Founded in 2000, Gene by Gene started off as the DNA-based ancestry company, FamilyTreeDNA. It naturally transitioned into clinical and genetic research in 2011, forming Gene by Gene.
- Its clinical and genetic testin g is broken down into three parts: diagnostics, proactive and reproductive health. It outlines the step-by-step procedures that is involved in testing, making it easy and accessible to both physicians and patients alike.
- A direct link to its website can be found here.
- Gene by Gene's pioneering expertise in genealogy coupled with cutting edge biotechnology and bioinformatics technology has made it a household name in the U.S, to a point of garnering an exclusive partnership with National Geographic.
- With its first offices opening in 2002, NeoGenomics prides itself as being the preferred cancer diagnostics company in the U.S., with global capabilities being realized in their laboratories in Singapore and Switzerland .
- NeoGenomics' key focus in on cancer and posits to maintain the most comprehensive menu in molecular oncology, trusted the industry over. In 2013, it pioneered disease-specific cancer files dubbed the NeoType- an industry first.
- A direct link to NeoGenomics' website can be found here.
- NeoGenomics contribute to many cancer-related market segments and have acquired two well-known and well regarded cancer diagnostics outfits- Clarient and Genoptix, further strengthening their position as an industry leader in the U.S genetic testing market.
- Founded in 1999, Ambry Genetics was created with the sole mission to end disease through the provision of quality services in genetic testing. Their commitment to this led to the game-changing win against Myriad, a fellow genetics testing company, to abolish gene patenting that hindered research and slowed down medical testing.
- Ambry's methodology for testing is optimized to continually detect variants in genetics to produce the most comprehensive and updated test results in the market. Through the industry's largest study of 20,000 cases, Ambry Genetics maintains that its methodology is unrivaled in its accuracy and conscientiousness.
- A direct link to Ambry's website can be found here.
- Ambry Genetics prides itself as a genetic testing company of firsts: first to offer exome services, first to revolutionize the industry by ending gene patenting and first to fund a platform dubbed AmbryShare that enables the sharing of their findings to further the war against disease.
- Its 65,000 square foot Super Lab is also an industry first, a highly- automated facility designed to increase productivity and is touted to provide some of the industry's fastest turnaround times for accurate and specific results. It also provides DNA fingerprinting of samples for faster scalability and easier tracking.