Customer Purchasing Journey - Insights
Gastroenterologists, hospitals, and private gastroenterology units constantly use stains, dyes, and different equipment for medical procedures. Endoscopy is one of the most common procedures performed, and the search for minimally invasive procedures has led to the flexible endoscope becoming one of the most purchased products. Novel technologies such as i-SCAN and confocal laser endomicroscopy could lead to increased interest on these devices in the near future.
Gastroenterology Stains and Dyes Insights in the United Kingdom
- Gastroenterologists often use dyes as well as stains for diagnostic purposes during endoscopic procedures.
- The most commonly used dyes in gastroenterology in the United Kingdom and the world are Lugol's iodine, methylene blue, crystal violet, congo red, indigo carmine, toluidine blue, phenol red, and indocyanine green. Hospitals and gastroenterology units would have an interest in purchasing these specific dyes for their procedures.
- These dyes and stains are usually bought in kits. While no clear preferences over brands could be seen, the top companies selling histological equipment in the United Kingdom are Abbott Laboratories, Danaher Corporation, F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd., Immunocor, Inc, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Incs.
Gastroenterology Endoscopy Equipment Insights in the United Kingdom
- One of the most common procedures performed in gastroenterology are endoscopies, with around 2 million taking place in the United Kingdom every year.
- Gastroenterologists in the United Kingdom are driven by the goal of making the procedures as minimally invasive as possible. To this end, one of the most sought-after products is the flexible endoscope.
- The main companies from which gastroenterologists, hospitals, and private units acquire these devices are Boston Scientific Corporation, Cook Medical, Richard Wolf GmbH, Medtronic PLC, and Fujifilm Holdings, making for a competitive landscape.
Novel Equipment Insights in the United Kingdom
As new research emerges regarding the use of new methods for diagnostic and therapeutic gastroendoscopic procedures, gastroenterologists and hospitals show increased interest in new devices. Two of these novel procedures are the use of confocal laser endomicroscopy and i-SCAN digital contrast.
- United Kingdom-based researchers have explored different uses for confocal laser endomicroscopy, such as assessment of inflammatory bowel disease and identification of dysplasia in Barrett's Esophagus.
- The identification of more uses for confocal laser could lead to increased acquisition of this equipment in the United Kingdom.
- I-SCAN is another technique that has become more widespread in gastroenterology. Among its uses is the assessment of H. pylori infection.
- As new uses for i-SCAN emerge, interest in this technology could increase, driving doctors, hospitals, and private units to invest in it.
We performed an exhaustive analysis of medical databases as well as market trends focused on medical dyes and stains used in gastroenterology in the United Kingdom. While this specific information could not be found, we provided insights on the more commonly used dyes as well as the companies that manufacture them. We were able to find the main drivers and considerations made by gastroenterologists and hospitals regarding the purchase of endoscopic equipment. Furthermore, we added two of the most novel technologies currently being studied in the United Kingdom, to provide insights on devices that could be of great interest for medical professionals of this area in the near future.