Garth Brooks Fans
Country music is widely popular in the US, with 46% of all US adults listening to country music. Country radio is the top radio format in the US. The average country music fan is most likely a White Gen X married female, with multiple kids, with a household income of $81,800 living in the South or Midwest.
- Country music is most popular among millennials and Gen X, with 42% of Gen Xers listening to country music and 41% of millennials.
- 39% of Baby Boomers listen to country music.
- Additionally, 10 million teens (ages 12-17) listen to country music.
- There has been a drastic increase in millennials listening to country music since 2005, with a 54% increase in this audience in that time frame.
- Women are slightly more likely to listen to country music than men, although it is very close.
- Two thirds of American country music fans live in the South or Midwest.
- The fewest number of country music fans live in the Northeastern US.
- In general, most country music fans are married, have an average of 2.2 children, and own at least one pet.
- Most (90%) country music listeners are White, with only 5% of African-Americans reporting listening to country music over other genres of music and only 3% of Hispanics stating the same.
- However, the African-American and Hispanic country music audience has seen an increase, with 33% more African-American listeners than in 2005 and 25% more Hispanic listeners than in 2005.
- 75% of country music fans own their own home, with an average home value of $228,586.
- The average household income of a country music listener is $81,800, higher than the average American household income.
- More than half of the people with incomes higher than $100,000 are country music fans.
Education and Employment
- 56% of country music listeners are employed full time.
- Many (41%) managerial and professional jobs are held by country music fans.
- 24% of country music fans have a college degree, with 8% having a post-graduate degree and 30% having some college credit, but no degree.
- 34% of country music fans hold only a GED or high-school diploma, with no college degree.
- Most people (70%) listen to country music on the radio, while 20% listen via online streaming services, 20% listen via CDs, 15% use iTunes or similar digital formats, 5% listen at concerts, and 7% listen via other methods, like TV. Note: percentages do not add to 100 as participants could select multiple options.
- Country music fans spend an average of 4 hours and 49 minutes a day listening to music.
- Fans spend an average of $392 on music each year, with 50% of country music fans buying music and concert tickets and 36% of country music fans downloading music.
Garth Brooks Statistics
- Garth Brooks is the top-selling country artist, with 148 million records sold. In fact, only the Beatles have sold more records.
- His song, "Ropin' the Wind", was the first country album to ever debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
- Brooks' single "More Than a Memory" was the first ever to debut at No. 1 on the country chart.
- Brooks' 2014-17 world tour with Trisha Yearwood was the biggest North American tour in history, selling 6.3 million tickets.
- Brooks has had "36 Top 10 hits on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart, including 19 number 1 hits, as well as 17 number 1 hits on Billboard's Top Country Albums chart."
- He has won six CMA Entertainer of the Year awards, the only artist in history to have done so.
- He has received seven Diamond awards for his albums.
- Brooks' August 7, 1997 concert in Central Park in NYC had an estimated crowd of 850,000 to 1.2 million people.