Gap Inc. Competitors: Part II
Facebook is the most active platform for Abercrombie & Fitch and American Eagle Outfitters while Instagram is the preferred social media platforms for Gap Inc, PVH, and Urban Outfitters in terms of post frequency.
- Overall, Gap Inc's most engaging platform is Instagram. On the platform, it has a high following, most engagements and the company posts frequently on its Instagram account.
- Gap Inc's Twitter posts are a repeat of its posts on Instagram and contain mainly ads promoting the company's different brands and posts on inclusion and diversity.
- Their tweet on July 31, 2019, announcing Allyson Felix as the first Athleta brand-sponsored athlete gathered the most engagements with 463 likes and retweets.
- Number of followers: 12.7k
- Number of tweets: 6,312
- Gap Inc's Facebook posts are the same content posted on its Instagram and Twitter accounts. The posts feature promoting inclusion and diversity and influencers displaying the company's brand products.
- Their Facebook post on July 31, 2019, announcing Allyson Felix as the first Athleta brand-sponsored athlete gathered the most engagements with 182 likes, 35 shares and 2 comments.
- Number of followers: 82,336
- Number of likes: 82,573
- Gap Inc's YouTube videos consist of influencers modeling the company's brand lines, video on inclusion and diversity and the latest happenings around the company.
- Their most engaged YouTube content is a video which features the manufacturing process for its leather belts products and gathers a total of 10,624 views.
- Number of subscribers: 1.1k
- Instagram is PVH's most used social media platform with the most number of engagements and followers. Their posts across social media accounts consist of posts promoting inclusion and diversity, news around the company and its brands and interviews on influencers.
- PVH's tweets consist of the news about the company and posts promoting inclusion and diversity.
- Their retweet of Zendaya modeling Tommy Hilfiger swimsuit had the most engagements with 2.8k retweets and likes.
- Number of followers: 887
- Number of tweets: 410
- PVH's Facebook posts are the same content posted on its Twitter account. The posts feature promoting inclusion and diversity and news about the company and its brands.
- Their most engaged recent post on the platform is a post celebrating the CEO and Chairman of the company being appointed to the United Nations Global Compact Board. The post gathered 26 shares, 203 likes and 21 comments.
- Number of followers: 11,103
- Number of likes: 10,643
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH
- Abercrombie uses its social media platforms to promote its brands and products. The company uses influencers for advertising its brands. Facebook is Abercrombie's most active platform with the most engagements and number of followers. Contents posted on the company's Facebook accounts have the highest number of likes and comments compared to any other of its social media accounts.
- Their most engaging content was a post on the brand's new product. The tweet gathered a total of 80 likes and retweets and 2 comments.
- Abercrombie Twitter posts consist of influencers modeling the company's brands products. The company uses the platform to advertise its products.
- Number of followers: 555k
- Number of tweets: 2,989
- Contents posted on its Facebook account are the same contents posted on Twitter and Instagram accounts. The posts feature influencers modeling the company's brands.
- Their most engaging content was a post on the brand's new product. The post had 2.2k likes, 48 comments and 29 shares.
- Number of followers: 8,526,276
- Number of likes: 8,511,628
- Abercrombie & Fitch is not so active on its YouTube account. The company uses the media to promote its products and brands.
- Its most engaging content was a video of influencers modeling the company's products. The video had 5,636 views.
- Number of subscribers: 34,806
AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS
- American Eagle Outfitters posts across its social media platforms are targeted towards promoting the company's products with a focus on their jeans. The company posts the same content across its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts with Facebook having the most engagements and highest number of followings and likes.
- American Eagle Outfitters posted a question asking its followers to comment on how many of the brand's jeans they own. The post was the most engaging recent post with 62k comments and 412 comments.
- American Eagle Outfitters tweets are a re-post of its Instagram posts which features influencers and celebrity modeling the company's products, with a focus on their jean brands.
- A tweet with the hashtag "#PrideMonth!" gathered the most engagement among its recent tweets with 18 retweets and 87 likes.
- Number of followers: 634k
- Number of tweets: 38.5k
- Like its Instagram and Twitter accounts, American Eagle Outfitters uses Facebook to promote its products with a focus on their jeans lines. They mainly use influencers and celebrities to model the brands.
- Number of followers: 11,285,412
- Number of likes: 11,558,149
- American Eagle Outfitters YouTube channel features interviews on people sharing their experiences with the company's brands and products and influencers promoting their brands.
- Its most-viewed recent content was a video promoting the company's jeans lines. The video had 531,621 views.
- A post on the company's jeans products gathered with the most engagements among recent posts with 1k likes, 324 comments and 111 shares.
- Number of subscribers: 20,321
Urban Outfitters Instagram account is the most engaged of all its social media platforms. Across its social media accounts, the company advertises its products and shares link to purchase the products.
- Urban Outfitters uses Instagram to advertise its products.
- A post advertising the Fujifilm Instax Northamerica Mini 9 camera had 208k likes and 659 comments; which is more than any other recent posts.
- Number of followers: 8.8 million
- Number of posts: 10,984
- Engagement rate: 0.58%
- The company Twitter posts are the same posts made on its Instagram account. Urban Outfitters advertises its products through the platform.
- Their post advertising the 2XLP pink Vinyl product in celebration of Lana Del Rey had the most engagements, with 225 likes and retweets and 8 comments.
- Number of followers: 1.01 million
- Number of tweets: 37.6k
- Urban Outfitters Facebook posts are a re-post of its Instagram and Twitter posts which includes advertising its products.
- The most engaged recent post on the platform was the company's announcement of a new product launch in its furniture collection. The post gathered 1.8k likes, 1.3k comments and 59 shares.
- Number of followers: 2,166,099
- Number of likes: 2,217,669
- Urban Outfitters uses YouTube to advertise its products and interviews by influencers and celebrities sharing their experiences.
- An interview with Hayley Williams in the "Open Up" series had the most views of recent posts with 520,115 views.
- Number of subscribers: 95,152