Healthcare - Emerging Trends
Telemedicine, human head transplants, artificial intelligence, heart in a box: warm blood perfusion system, mobile cancer screening and synthetic hormones for your heart are emerging trends relating to the future of healthcare in the US. These trends are centered around innovation.
- Telemedicine is one of the common trend evolutions in the US due to the increasing number of the number of patients in the country.
- According to the 2017 Survey of Physician Appointment Wait Times and Medicare and Medicaid Acceptance Rates.
- Telemedicine is improving diagnoses and treatment by making it easier for patients to get access to specialists, too.
- The availability of electronic records has also made it simpler to forward documents to specialists. In rural areas, this can mean the difference between having and not having expert input into a case.
Human Head Transplants
- Ergio Canavero, an Italian neurosurgeon, intends to attempt the first human head transplant by 2017, though no successful animal transplants with long-term survival have yet been made. Because of the difficulty of connecting the spinal cord, Canavero has suggested improvements in the process. These improvements involved using a special blade and polyethylene glycol; a polymer used in medicine as well as in everything from skin cream to the conservation of the Mary Rose. These can help start growth in spinal cord nerve.
- According to Canavero all the technology he needs is available and estimates the procedure will take about 36 hours. He also said that it will require the services of 150 medical professionals.
- He expects a 90% chance of success, as in a 90% chance the patient is up and walking around a few months after the surgery
- Artificial intelligence (AI) applications, such as predictive analytics for patient monitoring have provided significant financial savings.
- Applications that target hospitals and medical institutions include patient monitoring and transcribing notes for electronic health records (EHRs).
- This year, 2019, Google revealed its plans to harness AI and machine learning across a multitude of consumer technologies, particularly in health care
Heart in a Box: Warm Blood Perfusion System
- Cardiac transplantation, also called heart transplantation, has evolved into the treatment of choice for many people with severe heart failure. These persons usually have severe symptoms despite maximum medical therapy.
- Survival among cardiac transplant recipients has improved as a result of improvements in treatments that suppress the immune system and prevent infection.
Mobile cancer screening
- In 2018, there were 570,000 new cases of cervical cancer. Around 90% of deaths from cervical cancer occur in low-and middle-income societies. EVA System The handheld EVA System. Better screening and earlier intervention could significantly reduce the mortality rate.
- MobileODT has designed a battery-powered, handheld colposcope called EVA System, which can take high-quality images of the cervix.
- MobileODT worked with the National Cancer Institute to develop a machine learning algorithm, called automatic visual evaluation (AVE) that can produce an accurate diagnosis in minutes.
Synthetic Hormones for the Heart
- Heart disease still reigns as the leading cause of death in America, surpassing cancer by a small margin. Around 1 in 4 people who are hospitalized for heart failure do not last much longer than a year.
- But a new drug called Serelaxin has upped the odds of survival by as much as 37%, according to a University of California, San Francisco study. It’s a synthetic version of the hormone relaxin, which is produced by pregnant women to help with the increased stress carrying fetus places in the heart.
The strategy used to get the trends relating to the future of the healthcare in the US was to search through the various sites that have to do with healthcare innovation, healthcare technology provider and healthcare institution like Mobidev, referral MD, healthcare global, camion associates NCBI resource and medical news today.
The various sites show the innovative trends in the healthcare relating to the future of the US and how the health challenges of the people of the US country will be given adequate attention in order to reduce the rate of death in the country in the future and the various technological improvements that will take place in the healthcare sector in the US.