Loyalty Program Overview - Exxon Mobil
ExxonMobil offers a program named ExxonMobil Rewards+. Members earn points by purchasing fuel or convenience store items. There are no restrictions on who can become a member, and ExxonMobil stations nationwide participate on the program. With a dividend rate of 2%, ExxonMobil has partnered with the company Albertsons to expand their rewards program. While Exxon has been an industry leader for decades, its performance declined in 2019. Full details may be found in the attached spreadsheet.
ExxonMobil Rewards+ Program Overview
- Exxon Mobil offers a program named Exxon Mobil Rewards+. Members of the program can earn points when they make purchases for both fuel and convenience store items. The points can later be exchanged by savings in future purchases.
- The ExxonMobil Rewards+ program does not have restrictions for applying members.
- ExxonMobil offers the ExxonMobill Rewards+ program nationwide. There are approximately 11,000 ExxonMobil stations.
- Members of the program receive 2 points for each $1 spent at either the car washes or the convenience store. Furthermore, they receive 3 points per each gallon of fuel they purchase. They can get $1 in savings per 100 points they accumulate.
- In 2018, they initiated a partnership with Albertsons supermarkets. Therefore, points can be earned in 15 of the states in which Albertsons has locations.
- According to the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA), ExxonMobil places great importance in discipline and excellence, and it has been known in the past as a market leader. However, according to the reports published in 2019, it is no longer among the top 10 companies established by the Standard & Poor's500 Index.
- The app offered to the users, which is used to earn points from the ExxonMobil Rewards+ program has received positive and negative reviews on the Apple Store and the Google Play Store. According to some users, it is a very useful app, which has the added benefit of making the process of buying fuel and earning points easier. However, other users have faced numerous issues due to malfunctions of the app.
We first initiated a general search about the loyalty of rewards programs offered by Exxon Mobil. There was no information regarding the dividend rate of the program. Therefore, a mathematical calculation was done using the data available regarding points earned and how these were redeemed into money savings from purchases. Through research of notices made by ExxonsMobil and numerous news outlets, we were unable to find any evidence of any recognition awarded to ExxonMobil Rewards+ program. This is likely caused by how recently the program was implemented. After exhaustive research of platforms focused on reviews of customers such as Consumer Reports, CNET, and TrustPilot, we were unable to find reviews regarding the rewards program. However, there are reviews available about the app, which was developed mainly for customers to have access to the rewards program.