Safeway Gas Stations
There are 397 Safeway gas/fuel stations in the US. Unfortunately, we were not able to find a reliable breakdown by state. The relevant information has been provided in the attached spreadsheet.
- The total number of Safeway branded gas stations in the United States is 397.
- There are no Safeway branded gas stations in Nebraska and the District of Columbia.
- There are 4 Safeway gas stations in Alaska and Wyoming.
- There are 2 Safeway fuel stations in Delaware, Nevada, South Dakota, and Hawaii.
- We were able to find one gas/fuel station location for the states of Idaho and New Mexico.
- There are 3 Safeway gas/fuel stations in the states of Montana and Virginia.
In an attempt to find the number of Safeway branded gas stations in each state, we looked through the company's annual reports. While we were able to find the total number of all Safeway branded gas stations in the United States, we were not able to locate a specific breakdown for its gas/fuel stations by state. We also looked at press releases and filings by Albertsons, which is Safeway's parent company but it was not much help.
As a last resort, we attempted a triangulation by looking through the company locator to find the number of gas stations per state. Unfortunately, as the state locator only returns 20 results per state, we decided not to use it as the information it was providing might not have been correct, especially considering that in some of the places where it was showing 20 gas stations, the company had fewer locations. We tried to individually count the number of gas/fuel locations for each state, which worked partially as we were able to easily find the numbers for the states in which they had smaller presence. For the states in which they had a bigger presence (Arizona, California, Colorado, Maryland, Oregon, and Washington), we decided not to risk it as our calculations might be off due to the numerous services each location offers.