OEM Manufacturers of Toilet Paper
Five U.K. toilet paper manufacturers that are FSC certified and use recycled paper in their manufacturing of private label products for other brands are Accrol, Leicester Tissue Company, WEPA U.K., Task Consumer Products, Star Tissue, and Nova Tissue.
- Accrol, according to their site, is the leading supplier to the private label market in the U.K. that has an average growth of over 8% year-on-year.
- Accrol's website also claims they are the UK’s leading independent tissue paper converter, and that they even use their own paper and tissue waste to be transformed into new products, including cardboard, newspaper or toilet tissue, within 14 days of collection.
- Accrol's website states that they use sustainably sourced FSC certified paper, with their website having the FSC certification at the bottom of their environmental responsibility section.
- The company address for Accrol in the U.K. is: Accrol Group Holdings plc, Roman Road, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 2LD, United Kingdom.
Leicester Tissue Company
- Leicester Tissue Company (LTC) specializes in paper making as well as converting paper reels into a variety of tissue-based products including toilet paper.
- Under their "Products" section of their site, the company states that they aim to produce branded and private label products for the retail market.
- LTC is FSC certified according to the certification page on their website, and their U.K. address is as follows: Leicester Tissue Company, 15 Westmoreland Avenue, Thurmaston, Leicester, LE4 8PH, United Kingdom.
- WEPA's website states that they produce entry level recycled paper to super premium toilet paper, with private label paper products for both the U.K. and Ireland.
- At the bottom of the company's website their FSC certification can be found.
- The company's U.K. address is: 4th floor, 120 Bark Street, Bolton, BL1 2AX, United Kingdom.
Task Consumer Products
- Task Consumer Product's website states that the company is one of the largest independent paper converters in the U.K., turning it into products such as toilet paper.
- Their website states that the company has been an accredited supplier with FSC certification for a number of years.
- This company profile states that they supply many U.K. and European retailers with private label branded products in different consumer sizes.
- The bottom of the company web page has their U.K. address listed as: Citygate Park, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 7EJ, United Kingdom.
- Star Tissue's website can be found here, and states that the company offers both pure and recycled tissue that is sourced from tissue manufacturers who are registered with Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
- The company home page states that they offer branded, unbranded, or private label products.
- The company's website lists the address at: Star Industrial Estate, Princess Street, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2 2QR, United Kingdom.
- Nova Tissue, according to their website, is a paper conversion manufacturer in business for over 30 years that creates their own brand and private label products, as well as products for the ‘away from home’ markets across Europe.
- Although not yet certified, the company states that they are working towards gaining the FSC Chain of Custody accreditation in order to label the FSC certified products already in use in manufacturing.
- The company website states that their address is: Nova Tissue, Alford Street, Hollinwood Oldham, Greater Manchester, OL9 7LP, United Kingdom.
After thorough searches through individual company and industry websites, company profiles, market reports, etc, toilet paper manufacturers who meet all the requirements of using recycled material, being able to manufacture for private labels and brands, have an FSC certification, and are based in the U.K. were hard to uncover, possibly because the lack of U.K. companies meeting such standards. These 6 companies presented were found to have almost all the required attributes, with only Star Tissue and Nova Tissue not having their own FSC certification yet, although they use only FSC certified materials in their recycled manufacturing, and are working towards their own certification.