FRESH Star Fruit (Carambola) exporters
After an exhaustive search through government resources, industry databases, and reports, we could not find any new Taiwanese exporter of fresh star fruit (Carambola) that are a direct exporter or grower, and exports into the US. However, we've pulled available resources to provide key findings: Taiwan exported 7,205 pieces of Carambola into the US from the 9th of February to the 22nd of February 2019.
To identify 5-7 Taiwanese exporters of fresh star fruit and their contact information, we started off by searching for Taiwanese exporters/growers for the US market and found three companies — Yin Chan International Develop Co., Miller CCID Co., Ltd., and Prime Wealth International Co., Ltd. While Yan Chan exports fresh star fruit directly into the US market, Miller and Prime Wealth are examples of fresh star fruit (Carambola) exporters and manufacturers to the US/North America. However, they have been covered in the previous submissions of this request.
Going deeper, we searched through Taiwan trade lists to identify any Taiwanese exporter of fresh star fruit through Taiwan trade but these provided very limited results. After scanning through them, we found only the list of exporters already covered in the previous versions of the request, as such, they have been excluded from this report. No new exporter of fresh star fruit into the US was identified.
Next, we searched media listings and publications (such as Taiwan Today, the International Tropical Fruits Network, Taipei Times, Taiwan Daily, and Taiwan news) that could potentially provide fresh fruit exporters and market players but none of these yielded any pertinent information. All results were focused on Taiwan's struggling star fruit sector, Carambola production, Taiwanese star fruit information, recipes and facts, but nothing on the producer/manufacturer or exporter of the fresh star fruit.
We continued our search, this time, through government/customs databases and other related databases such as CEIC, Seair Exim Solutions, Brookings, USDA Foreign Agricultural Services, the Taiwan Market Profile from HKTDC, the United States Census Bureau, and the United States Trade Representative. However, we could not garner any relevant information. These databases/reports generally provided trade relations between the US and Taiwan in terms of parameters like the total export vs total import, top Taiwanese items exported, and their amount but nothing on Carambola or Carambola exporters. We also searched through trade exhibitions and expos in Taiwan for Taiwanese fruits but this also only showed the list of exporters. There was nothing on the produce, products exported, or the region the products were exported to.
Next, we tried to expand the research scope to cover for data beyond 24 months but there was no information regarding the exporters/growers of the fruit among those as well. We only found information on Taiwan's struggling star fruit sector, but no article/report found showed any information on the direct exporters into the US market.
Lastly, we searched some premium sources like Euromonitor, Businesswire, MarketandMarkets, and MarketResearch but there was no published report that covered this topic. Some of the published reports focused on other Taiwan industries such as tissue and hygiene in Taiwan, retail adult incontinence in Taiwan, etc. The requested information was not available. Also, we looked for US shipments of fresh star fruit from Taiwan as shown in Panjiva reports or through Seair Exim reports but this did not provide any supplier information. They only showed the quantity exported by Taiwan.
The unavailability of data to address this request could be attributed to the niche nature of the fresh star fruit (Carambola) sector from an exporting perspective. More so, fruits do not constitute the top 10 items exported into the US market from Taiwan. It could also be that Taiwanese exporters are not focused on exporting the fruit into the US and may probably prefer to export to other regions or countries. Note that we just included the details of the already provided three exporters as relevant findings in this report.
- EXPORTER #1: Miller Ccid Co Ltd.
- EXPORTER PROFILE AND MARKETS SERVED: The company was founded in 2004 and is an exporter of fresh star fruit (Carambola) with its factory located in Taiwan and main export market including Asia, Middle-East, Europe, North America, Central America, and Australasia. The company was listed as an exporter in the Taiwan Expo 2019 in Malaysia.
- CONTACT INFORMATION: Miller Ccid’s office is located at 7F.-1, No.36, Cyonglin Rd., Sinjhuang Di and the telephone number is 886-2-82015878.
- COMPANY WEBSITE: N/A
- EXPORTER #2: Yin Chan International Develop. Co.
- EXPORTER PROFILE AND MARKETS SERVED: Yin Chan International Develop. Co. is yet another exporter of fresh star fruit (Carambola) that exports the fruit to the United States, Japan, and Canada. The U.S. Customs recorded 302 U.S. shipments for Yin Chan International Development Co. from 2007 to 2019.
- CONTACT INFORMATION: Yin Chan International is headquartered at 250, Shih Hsien Rd., Sec. 1, Chiayi City, 60082 Taiwan and their telephone number is 886-52341471.
- COMPANY WEBSITE: N/A
- EXPORTER #3: Prime Wealth International Co., Ltd.
- EXPORTER PROFILE AND MARKETS SERVED: Prime Wealth International Co., Ltd is an exporter and manufacturer since 2001 and serves the markets of Asia, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, and the United States. Although it is listed by the US Customs, it has no recorded US shipments between 2007 and 2019.
- CONTACT INFORMATION: Prime Wealth International Co., Ltd is located at 4th Floor 4, No.419, Mingcheng' 2ND Road, Zuoying Dist., Kaohsiung City, 813, Taiwan and their telephone number is 886-7-7-558-5511.
- COMPANY WEBSITE: N/A
Fruits did not constitute a part of the "Top 10 Taiwanese Exports to the US in 2018." The top 10 products included electronic equipment, machinery, iron or steel products, vehicles, plastics, medical, technical equipment, toys, games, furniture, lighting, signs, base metal tools, cutlery and iron and steel.
However, Taiwan exported 1,685 pieces of Carambola to the US on the 9th of February 2019. On the 14th February 2019, it exported another 3,120 pieces of Carambola and on the 22nd of February 2019, it exported 2,400 pieces of Carambola into the US market. It is safe to then, that Taiwan has exported (1,685 + 3,120 + 2,400) 7,205 pieces of Carambola into the US from the 9th of February to the 22nd of February 2019.
On a monetary basis, the US imports from Taiwan amounted to $4,579.9 million and exports to Taiwan amounted to $2,220.4 million in January 2019. However, considering the whole of the year 2018, Taiwan's total exports to the US amounted to $39.7 billion or 11.8% of its overall exports.