Foster Care in the U.S. & North Carolina
Thorough research revealed dozens of adoption agencies within North Carolina and in the entire United States. These agencies were analyzed and effectiveness was then determined by measuring the rate of successful adoptions and placement of children through available agency data. The results of the most notable agencies are listed below.
- Established in 1993.
- Services offered include pregnancy support, adoption, humanitarian aid, and post-adoption services.
- Effectiveness measured as successfully placing over 3,000 children with families. An average of 111 per year.
- Established in 1979.
- Services include pregnancy support services, adoption, and foster services.
- Effectiveness for Christian Adoption Services can be measure by its success in placing over 2,000 children since opening, an average of 39 children per year.
- Founded in 1902.
- Services offered include adoption, foster care, and educational & training services.
- CHS has placed more than 16,000 children into adoptive homes, and average of 135 per year. They also note a success rate of 99% of children that remain with their foster families and 92% of children only have one placement.
Other Notable North Carolina Agencies
- Bethany Christian Services currently has over 1200 children in its foster service system.
- Methodist Home for Children processed over 1,300 foster children and adoption in fiscal year 2018-19.
- A Child's Hope since opening in 2000, have placed over 320 babies through our agency and the attorney director has placed hundreds more in independent adoptions.
- Founded in 1887.
- Services offered included pregnancy support, adoption, and post-adoption services.
- Gladney Center for Adoption has shown year after year of success and consistency in placing adoption children across the nation. For 2018, they placed 250 children, for 2017, they placed 268 children, and in 2016 they successfully placed 268 children.
- Founded in 1959
- Services offered by Nightlight Christian Adoptions include pregnancy support, adoption, home study, and foster services.
- Nightlight Christian Adoptions' success and effectiveness includes more than 3,000 domestic adoptions, 3,500 international adoptions and 900 embryo adoptions.
- Founded in 1991.
- Services offered include pregnancy support, adoption, and financial guidance.
- Considered one of the most successful agencies in the U.S., with an average of close to an adoption a day and over 5,000 adoptions since its inception.