Fortune 500: Using AI, Machine Learning, and Big Data
Cognizant is a provider of IT services, including consulting, technology, digital, and operations. Some Fortune 500 companies similar to Cognizant using AI, machine learning, and big data to disrupt their industries are Accenture Consulting, Tata Consultancy Services, Cisco Systems Consulting, and IBM Global Services. For example, IBM is using AI and machine learning technology to predict employees who intend to leave their jobs, while Accenture is using the capability to augment its in-house human technologists with virtual agents to deliver better business outcomes.
- Accenture is using AI to supplement its in-house human technologists with virtual agents via an AI-enabled platform, myWizard. This has helped them "improve data analysis and pattern identification and drive better business outcomes." The company testifies to an average of 60 percent increase in productivity as a result.
- The myWizard platform is also available for Accenture's clients, and uses a virtual advisor "Collette" that applies an AI and user-centered design to better "establish customers’ lifestyle and preferences and provide customized advice." Hence, the company is able to offer IT consulting services to clients at around 95% less of the usual cost.
TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES
- For the past two years, Tata Consultancy Services has applied the machine first approach, which is based on machine learning, big data, and artificial intelligence, to enhance energy usage.
- Across Tala's nearly 150 delivery centers, the company runs enormous electricity bills — in the millions of dollars. In the past, the facilities were consuming 500 MWh units of electricity per year; however, with the introduction of the machine first approach, including machine learning, big data, and artificial intelligence, the company established energy-saving practices such as "automatic shutdowns of light and heat in unoccupied spaces."
- As a result, although Tala may increase floor space, the years total electricity bill is poised to remain the same, thereby, decreasing administrations costs.
CISCO SYSTEMS CONSULTING
- Cisco Systems Consulting is using AI and machine learning capability to power the Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA) software, resulting in pleasant user experience, lower operational cost, and better reliability.
- Cisco DNA is an open platform which augments the user's services across campus, WAN, and branch networks to enhance IT, business innovation, and streamline operations.
- By employing machine learning procedures, the software has the ability to continuously monitor the performance of the network, reveal arising issues before network users realize, offer troubleshooting options or repair it automatically.
- Artificial intelligence technology enables Cisco DNA software to advance users with "more relevant, personalized visibility into their environment."
IBM Global Services
- IBM is using AI and machine learning technology to predict workers turnover. Already, IBM AI retention tool has saved it nearly $300 million in retention costs.
- IBM artificial intelligence technology can predict employees who are a flight risk by analyzing multiple data points, including tasks completed, educational courses, and rankings earned, as well as offering solutions for managers to engage employees.
- The technology is up to 95 percent accurate in predicting employees who intend to leave their jobs.