Brian Covert and Brian Simmons host WTLO 1480 AM show Dial-A-Deal every Monday to Saturday from 7:30 am to 9:00 am.
- Brian Covert is one of the co-hosts of the WTLO 1480 AM show Dial-A-Deal.
- In 2019 Brian Covert was named assistant director of the North Main Street hub for the arts in Somerset, KY.
- New Hiring: WTLO 1480 AM is looking to hire someone to host their flagship buy, sell, and trade program, Dial-a-Deal and to prepare morning news segments for WTLO and its sister station, Somerset 106.1 WYKY FM.
- Partnership: The show Dial-A-Deal which is broadcast on WTLO 1480 AM every Monday to Saturday from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM is presented in partnership with the company Godby Realty and Auction.
- WTLO 1480 AM is known for broadcasting 'America's Best Music' - American Classics From the 50s to Early 2000s in Somerset KY.
- The only other channel that broadcasts Classic Music (i.e. Classic Rock) in Somerset, KY is WJQQ 97.1 FM.
- Apart from the above, the channel WSFC 1240 AM hosts News/Talk Shows in Somerset, KY.
Station's Personalities and Shows:
- Brian Covert and Brian Simmons host WTLO 1480 AM show Dial-A-Deal every Monday to Saturday from 7:30 am to 9:00 am.
- A Look at Kentucky Sports with Tom Leach airs each Monday and Friday at 7:00 am and 8:00 am during basketball and football seasons.
- Local news, obituary announcements, and the Cromwell AG Report air each weekday at 7:00 am and 8:00 am, noon, and 5:00 am.
- A Look at Kentucky Sports with Tom Leach airs each Monday and Friday at 7:00 am and 8:00 am during basketball and football seasons, and Sports Flash airs at 7:00 am and 8:00 am on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday during the seasons and each weekday in the off-season.
- Chamber Talk airs on the first Tuesday of each month at noon, and When Radio Was airs each weeknight at 8:00 pm.
- Dial-A-Deal every Monday to Saturday from 7:30 am to 9:00 am.
Sunday 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Monday 12:00 am - 7:30 am
Monday 9:00 am - 11:59 pm
Tuesday 12:00 am - 7:30 am
Tuesday 9:00 am - 11:59 pm
Wednesday 12:00 am - 7:30 am
Wednesday 9:00 am - 11:59 pm
Thursday 12:00 am - 7:30 am
Thursday 9:00 am - 11:59 pm
Friday 12:00 am - 7:30 am
Friday 9:00 am - 11:59 pm
Saturday 12:00 am - 7:30 am
Saturday 9:00 am - 11:59 pm
Social Media Handles:
- Kevin Wilson, General Manager, WYKY FM and WTLO AM and FM
- Greg Moore, Program Director, WYKY FM and WTLO AM and FM
- James England, Account Executive, WYKY FM and WTLO AM and FM
- Mike Tarter, President/CEO, Forcht Broadcasting
- LinkedIn profile of Mike Tarter
- Amy Stroud, Senior Vice President, Forcht Broadcasting
- LinkedIn profile of Amy Stroud : Available
- Paula McKinney, Director of Traffic and Billing, Forcht Broadcasting
- Kate Smith, Digital Media Manager and Graphic Designer, Forcht Broadcasting
- There was no publicly available information on the channel's friendly name.
What Information Was Not Available:
Information on the Station's friendly name and some of the executive's LinkedIn or Social Media handles were not available.
Strategies Deployed to Find The Information:
To find information relating to the company's friendly name and official profiles of the company's executives, the research team went through the official company website of WTLO 1480 AM | 97.7 FM. The aim was to find any official declaration and announcements made by the company on its website and other social media profiles since companies usually tend to make such information public through its official channels. Although the official website provided information relating to the name used by the company to promote itself along with a list of the executives, the website did not mention any other name that the company might have used to promote itself or that the audience might have come up with to refer to the channel.
Apart from the company's website, we also looked into the company's social media accounts on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We also searched extensively through the company's LinkedIn profile. Although, we found relevant profiles of some of the executives such as Brian Simmons, Mike Tarter and Amy Stroud, not every profile relating to the company's executive list was available. There was also no mention of any friendly names.
We then searched through major radio industry trade publications such as All Access, RAMP, Inside Radio, Radio Ink, among others for any useful information on the company's friendly name and executive profiles. The aim behind this search was to find relevant information relating to audience reaction to the channel's programs, or any interview or declaration of event that the executives may have attended. However, being a regional channel limited mainly within the Somerset and Pulaski counties of Kentucky State, we could not find much coverage of this nature. Additionally, since the channel was one of many held by the parent company Forcht Broadcast, the coverage was often focused on the Forcht Broadcast rather than the specific channel.
Finally, we went through local news sources such as Commonwealth Journal, somerset-kentucky.com, newsbreak.com, Somerset106.com among others. The objective was to find either interviews of the specific channel's executives or any article covering the legacy or importance of the channel that would mention any friendly name used by them. A similar search with a similar objective was also carried out in larger news sources such as Forbes, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Business Insider, Fortune and Bloomberg, among others. However, it was evident that the station was always referred to by its official name WTLO 1480 AM or 97.7 FM. There was no reference to any friendly name in any of the articles. Also, interviews, opinions and event coverage were limited to the Forcht Broadcasting personalities like Mike Tarter(President/CEO at Forcht Broadcasting). Therefore, no other reference which could lead to a LinkedIn or social media profile of the specific channel executives could be found.