Marketing Competitive Landscape - Adidas vs. Puma
Adidas and PUMA produce football products through their football product line divisions. The requested information about the companies is presented in the attached spreadsheet and a summary provided below.
- Adidas provides three value propositions, namely customization, innovation, and status.
- PUMA strives to inspire and innovate football players and teams. It promises to help them achieve new levels and find their flow by comprehending their needs.
- The overarching marketing message for the Adidas' Mutator Pack is “Evolve your Game.” For apparel products, the message is “Here for your Game.”
- PUMA’s marketing message for its football division is focused on ensuring that the target customers are aware of products that suit them.
- Both companies use mass media, including TV and radio, print media, such as magazines, newspapers, and posters, as well as digital marketing channels such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in their marketing.
The research team used Adidas’ overall value proposition because the company does not have a specific value proposition for the football division. A search through the official website’s football product section did not provide a clear value proposition. The page only yielded information on its various football products such as the company’s new Mutator Pack. We expanded our search to the company’s annual reports, but again, no information specific to football product’s value proposition was unearthed. The report only provided valuable insights on the overall company’s values and performance in the various divisions, including football.