Food Waste Recovery Partnerships
- Kraft Heinz Canada, Kellogg Canada, Mondelez Canada and PepsiCo Canada are headquartered in Ontario and produce bakery products such as crackers, pastries and dessert mixes as part of their broader portfolios of brands and food offerings.
- Quebec-based Agropur Cooperative is a dairy-processing company that sells "ready-to-bake mixes" alongside other baking products within its baked goods division.
- Meanwhile, Premium Brands Holdings Corporation is headquartered in British Columbia and owns a broad range of baked good brands such as Stuyver's Bread (bread products), Audrey's Patisserie (pastries), Island City Baking (bread), Partner's Crackers (general baked goods) and Shaw Bakers (general baked goods).
The research team has identified six multinational foodservice companies in Canada that produce bakery products, comprised of one based out of Ontario, four headquartered in Quebec and one established in British Columbia. The details associated with these companies have been provided within the enclosed spreadsheet, while a selection of findings has been provided below for review, as desired.
Selection of Findings
- Based out of Saint-Hubert, Longueuil in Quebec, Agropur Cooperative is the "largest dairy-processing cooperative in North America."
- At present, the company employs 7,700 workers and generates $7.7 billion in revenue through its operations in Canada and worldwide.
- Beyond its dairy offerings, the company produces a range of bakery products including "ready-to-bake mixes" and baked goods inputs such as its Bakigen, Reddi-Sponge, Crino, Keystone and other branded offerings.
- Meanwhile, Agropur Cooperative has a five-year partnership with Cascades to "reduce waste and recover inorganic materials generated by Agropur’s dairy processing plants."
For this research on baked good foodservice companies in Canada, the research team leveraged the most reputable sources available in the public domain, largely comprised of the corporate websites, press releases and corporate reports published by each identified company. Content from these owned media channels was complemented with information from third-party business data aggregators (e.g., Statista, ZoomInfo) and relevant media reporting, as appropriate.