Sustainability and CSR: Heluva Good!
The Heluva Good! brand does not make any explicit sustainability or CSR efforts. However, Heluva Good! is part of the HP Hood family of brands, which has numerous sustainability and CSR efforts. These include donations to family-focused organizations involved in nutrition or health, financial support for community events, the establishment of a Green Team, and careful sourcing of raw materials.
- The Heluva Good! brand does not appear to have sustainability standards outside of the overarching HP Hood LLC group.
- HP Hood has a long-standing focus on environmental sustainability that has become more formalized over time.
- The company established a Green Team to reduce resource wastage, raise awareness of sustainability internally and externally, and monitor sustainability efforts' progress. This team focuses its efforts on water usage, electric usage, truck payloads, fuel usage, and recycling.
- The company has created guidelines to ensure that its vendors and suppliers engage in sound environmental practices.
- HP Hood also reviews its marketing guidelines periodically and updates them to reflect new technologies and customer feedback.
- The Heluva Good! brand does not appear to engage in CSR efforts outside of the overarching HP Hood LLC group.
- HP Hood LLC's community social responsibility efforts are focused on organizations that assist children or families in the areas of nutrition and health.
- The company proudly supports The United Way, The Red Sox Foundation, The Jimmy Fund, Ronald McDonald Houses, and Birthday Wishes.
- It also funds educational programs for families at the Boston Children's Museum and the Children's Museum of Maine.
- The company supports local food banks through America's Second Harvest.
- It provides product donations to community programs and events that educate families or children in the areas of health and nutrition.
- HP Hood's marketing policy guidelines state that the company's communications should not undermine an active lifestyle or a healthy, balanced diet. The company will not condone or encourage excessive consumption of any food or beverage.
- All communications must be directed to those over the age of 12 years. The company will not advertise in media that is primarily geared toward children under that age, and participation by minors in any promotion requires parental consent.
- HP Hood has made efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from its supply chains.
- The company requires its dairy suppliers to treat animals humanely.
Heluva Good! Focus Points
- The Heluva Good! brand does not appear to have any explicit focus points in the areas of sustainability or CSR outside of the HP Hood brand family. It may have more of an operational focus.
- HP Hood appears to focus almost equally on sustainability efforts and CSR efforts. Both areas show significant commitment, and HP Hood has crafted policies related to each.
- However, it seems that the company embeds its purpose somewhat more fully in CSR than in sustainability.
- The company says it has been committed for 170 years to supporting the communities it conducts business in. This is longer than their formal sustainability efforts, though HP Hood claims that a culture of sustainability existed within the company prior to formalization.
- HP Hood touts its dairy products as important in promoting health, and this view drives the company's CSR efforts. Sustainability, while affecting multiple levels of operations, is not as clearly enmeshed with the product the company produces.
- HP Hood's CSR efforts have more diverse facets than its sustainability efforts. These CSR initiatives include community outreach, educational efforts, charitable donations, ethical supply lines, humane animal treatment, and responsible advertising.
Information about the sustainability and CSR efforts of Heluva Good! was not available on the company's website, Facebook page, Instagram page, Twitter account, or Pinterest account. The brand is owned by HP Hood. HP Hood has a detailed Social Responsibility Statement that outlines the company's efforts in community social responsibility and sustainability.