GrubHub: Consumer Reviews
Reviews of Grubhub show that most people order food through the company in the evening and the majority of the customers made the order from their home.
Reviews Depicting When, Why, and Where Consumers Use Grubhub
- "Worst worst order experience ever! I gave my order at 6pm and they scheduled the delivery to 7 pm which is totally fine. At 7 pm I got a text that saying the order will be delivered at 7:30pm which is still fine. But 8 pm I called the restaurant I ordered from and they said they gave the order to the driver an hour ago. So I called the driver and he said that grubhub canceled the delivery. So what? I called grubhub and they said that they do not deliver to my address. I was shocked and they said they will refund my money. Oh thanks for that!!! How come they except my order and made me wait for 2 hours? How come they took the order from the restaurant and did not let me know that I will never get the order? So many nonsense. And at the end they cut the money from the restaurant. Why, why is that? You got the order from them and did not deliver to me. The restaurant lost money, I lost time and stayed hungry, the driver eats the food and grubhub does nothing. Wow! I am impressed!" The review shows that the customer used it to order a meal, the exact time (6 pm) the customer used the service and that the customer was most likely at home when the order was made as she mentions her area.
- "Worst service EVER! I ordered KFC delivery which uses GrubHub. Ordered at 4 pm and at 6 pm, no delivery yet so I called the 888 number. They said it will be another hour which would be 7pm. At 8pm, no delivery so I called 888 number again. They said it will be another 1/2 hour which would be 7:30pm. At 9:00pm I called and cancelled the order. Drove to my local KFC and they didn't have any chicken left. It took 5 hours and no delivery...2 days and my credit card still has not been credited. " The review shows that the customer used it to order a meal (KFC chicken), the exact time (4 pm and 6 pm) the customer used the service and that the customer was most likely at home when the order was made as she mentioned having to drive to her local KFC.
- "Ordered through them twice. The first time my order said it was being delivered and I could see the driver was a block over. I texted her to let her know and she never replied. I hopped on chat and they refunded my order, but couldn't reprocess my order and the $12 coupon I used on the original order couldn't be used again so I was just SOL with that. Tonight we used them to order from a local pub. My Husband answered the door and took the order from the driver who even confirmed my name. We ordered 2 orders of boneless wings and some fries. We got a large pizza, 2 orders of nachos, garlic bread, a burger, and some potato skins. My Husband said he accepted it because he thought I changed my mind and ordered pizza instead. Once again I hopped on chat. Between every sentence they typed there was a 5-10 min wait. I explained what happened and was told I would be refunded for the meal and it would take 5 business days to show in my bank. Horrible service, will use DoorDash from now on. When they make a mistake they make it right — give a credit, apologize and reorder your food." The review shows that the customer used it to order a meal (boneless wings and some fries), the time ("tonight") the customer used the service, and that the customer was at home when the order was made.
- "I've been trying to order from Grub Hub for over a week now. The App finally said that they are delivering in my area and every time I order, they cancel shortly after, saying the restaurant is too busy. I've tried the only 3 restaurants that deliver to my area on the same day, and each order was cancelled for the same reason. So I tried it again a week later, again on a weekend night. This time I thought they were actually going to deliver, I got a confirmation, the same as before, with the expected delivery time, which was an hour 1/2 later, which I was fine with waiting. I planned my dinner for my family at that time. Then about 10 minutes before the food was to arrive, they cancelled again." The review shows that the customer used it to order a meal from a restaurant, the time (weekend night) the customer used the service, and that the customer was most likely at home when the order was made as he mentions he ordered from a restaurant in his area and that the order was for a family dinner.
- "I use Grubhub, doordash and carry out menu pretty regularly. Tonight I ordered from grubhub before 7:30, and I received a message that I would receive my order between 8:20-8:30. At 8:50 no food and order showed it was still being prepared. Tried calling grubhub and received a message that they had high call volume and to call the restaurant. The food had been sitting at the restaurant ready and no one had come to pick it up. While I was on hold for an operator at grubhub I received a text that my order would arrive between 9:50-10. Over 2 hours and cold food!? I complained, and received no explanation or apology. Completely unacceptable. Read the reviews and go elsewhere." The review shows that the customer used it to order a meal, the exact time (7:30 pm) the customer used the service, and that the customer was most likely at home when the order was made.
- "Well, working in a 1 person office today so REPEATED a previously saved order that I had DELIVERED. After 1 hour I call them, oh the order was placed for pickup. apprarantely website now DEFAULTS to pickup. Even if I was going out, what's the point of ordering through them to pickup at a subway when I could have just called the restaurant directly? And first call to the 800 # was just told "oh they don't deliver" The review shows that the order for food was made from the office.
- "I placed an order with Grub Hub on 10/12/19 at approximately 3:45pm for food. The order was around $40 with tip. The food was never delivered, there was a notice on the account that it was delivered at 4:11pm but there was never a knock on the door or the doorbell rang, my roommates were also home at the time and I have a ADT front doorbell camera. There was also no food left on the porch. I contacted the business, they said the food was delivered and that the driver was not obligated to get out of the car to deliver the food and that a phone call or text is appropriate to meet the driver at the curb. I was getting ready for work at the time and did not receive a phone call or text. That is not the definition of delivery, which is: "the action of delivering letters, packages, or ordered goods." I contacted the company and a refund, which is what I requested was refused, they wanted to offer a 25% or 50% discount on my next orders — needless to say I will not be ordering from this company." The review shows that the customer used it to order a meal, the exact time (3:45 pm) the customer used the service, and that the customer was at home when the order was made.
- "I placed an order via the Grub Hub site online, The driver stated that he had acquired my order but could not locate my house due to signal issues with phone and then we were disconnected. I called back the phone number he was using and it went to a voicemail. I sent text messages to the driver and grub hub and neither has returned my text. I sat outside of my home for over 30+ minutes awaiting the arrival of my order all to learn that the drive marked my order as delivered. I contacted Grub Hub and all that was offered was a 50% off the next order. I am out of $39.00 and still have not received my food." The review shows that the order for food was made from the home.
- "Worst experience ever. We placed our order at 6 p.m. and were told it would be delivered by 7 pm. At 7:15, we receive a notification that our order has been delayed until 8 pm. When I contacted the restaurant, the manager said out order has been ready but there is no GrubHub driver. When I contacted GrubHub, the customer service rep couldn't care less about the delay. " The review shows that the customer used it to order a meal and the exact time (7 pm) the customer used the service.
- "We order food at 6:25pm tonight and now at 8:25pm my husband is going to the store and just getting it ourselves. What a waste of a night. We both rushed home from work to carve out pumpkins because we've been so busy and haven't had time. Both rushing home from busy stressful days at work... grub hub was to save us that extra hassle of having to go out of our way to grab something and to just get home and now we haven't eaten, haven't carved our pumpkins. After all of that, we contacted customer support and it took the man helping us 25 minutes to call the store and the driver. We ended up just canceling! The rare time we used grub hub and this is why we DON'T. Never again." The review shows that the customer used it to order a meal, the exact time (6:25 pm) the customer used the service, and that the customer was at home when the order was made.
- "On October 15, 2019, at 5:59PM I placed an order with GrubHub, the order tracking showed that it was to be delivered at 6:30-6:40PM, at 6:40 I realized an error in the delivery address so I reached out to customer service (via chat as this is the only option), who told me that I needed to update my phone number on my profile so the delivery driver could contact me. I updated my profile and waited for a call. During this time I walked to the address where the order was supposed to be delivered and the business told me that the driver left. I again reached out to customer service at 7:30PM, to ask for an update. Supposedly the agent contacted the driver again with my information and I did not receive a call. When I asked how I could get my order the agent said that redelivery was not an option. When I asked for a refund the agent told me that this is also not an option. I feel like I had my money stolen as they did not provide the product I asked for, even after I reached out to them recognizing my error." The review shows that the customer used it to order a meal and the exact time (5:59 pm) the customer used the service.