Focus Brands Overview
All the requested information for the company Focus Brands Inc has been presented in the brief below. Focus Brands was established in 2004 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia. The company operates over 6,000 restaurants in 50+ countries.
- Focus Brands Inc which started as an affiliate of the Roark Capital Group, was officially established in 2004 following the purchase of the brands Cinnabon and Seattle's Best Coffee and a merger with Carvel Corporation.
- The company describes itself as a "leading developer of global multi-channel food service brands", operating over 6,000 restaurants, ice cream shoppes, cafes, and bakeries in the US, Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia, and 50+ countries globally through their affiliate brands.
- Focus Brands Inc has 8 different affiliate brands including notable brands such as Auntie Anne's, Cinnabon, McAlister's Deli, Schlotzsky's, Carvel, and Jamba.
- The company is focused on providing top-notch care for its brands, licensees, franchise owners, and team members.
Corporate Office Location
- FOCUS Brands, 5620 Glenridge Dr. NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Number of Employees
- The company boasts of over 9,000 employees across all its different locations globally.
- Focus Brands Inc generated an estimated revenue of $421.9 million in sales from all its brands.
- Steve DeSutter — Chief executive officer
- Kat Cole — Chief operations officer
- Mike Dixon — Chief financial officer
- Dan Gertsacov — Global chief marketing officer
- Gary Bales — Chief brand officer
(1) Yum Brands
- This "fortune 500" company boasts of food service brands such as Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and KFC, with over 48,000 restaurants in over 140 countries globally. They generated total revenue of $5.6 billion at the end of their 2018 fiscal year.
(2) Dunkin Brands
- Dunkin Brands also operates in the food service/quick service restaurant franchising space, with brands such as Dunkin Donuts, and Baskin Robbins. The company boasts of 19,000+ restaurants globally with annual revenue of $1.3 billion in 2018.
(3) Fiesta Restaurant Group Inc
This group "owns, operates and franchises" fast casual/quick-service restaurant brands Pollo Tropical and Taco Cabana. The company generated $688.6 million in revenue at the end of its 2018 fiscal year.
To fulfill this request, we commenced our research on the company's website, where we were able to retrieve information on its history, office location and leadership. Since the company is still privately held, information on its revenue was not publicly available at the time of our research. To go around this, we made use of a third-party business information platform Hoovers, to retrieve an estimated annual revenue for Focus Brands Inc, and have provided the information in our brief above.
Regarding the company's key competitors, we have defined key competitors as those companies who operate in same multi food service brands and quick-service restaurant space as Focus Brands, are based in North America, and generate more revenue or generate revenue within the same range as Focus Brands Inc.