FM Global Social Media Scan
On the social media pages of FM Global, the content published relate to their charity work, grants issued and attendance at conferences. The mode of delivery is mainly images, videos, and articles.
- The theme of FM Global’s Facebook page is its attention to the value of volunteer activities among employees of their corporate offices. In August 2019, the company showcased its volunteer services by advocating for a healthier environment through reduced pesticide use, promoting pollinator grounds and with essential planting ideas and using rainwater for irrigation.
- Here is a link showing FM Global’s volunteer activities.
- Another theme observed on its Facebook page is seen in its provision of grants to companies who perform services within the community. In July 2019, FM Global provided $2,500 to the local Pensacola Fire Department. This is to be used for additional smoke alarms through a smoke-free program and to provide educational pamphlets for children’s education.
- Here is a link showing FM Global’s provision of grants.
- FM Global’s Facebook page also includes the theme of engagement in conferences to advocate continued development of its employees. One of these conferences was attended in June 2019 in New York City. The IICF Women in Insurance Global Conference convened to discuss issues like diversity, inclusion and leadership in the workplace.
- Here is a link showing FM Global’s attendance at a conference.
- On their Twitter platform, FM Global focuses its efforts on the theme of expanding the topic of the potential risk factors to businesses, which includes disasters such as hurricanes. Posts included details on how companies who don’t prepare stand a chance to lose 5% of their market revenue in the following year.
- Here is a link showing FM Global’s disaster preparedness post.
- As recently as September 2019, the company advertised content on the theme of Cyber Insurance and why companies should use this to avoid delayed growth in their businesses if cyber attack does in fact take place.
- Here is a link showing FM Global’s post regarding cyber attacks.
- FM Global also highlighted their September 2019 visit to Berlin for the GVNW Symposium, which is a theme expressing the merging of business and triathlon entities for greater networking opportunities.
- This is a link about FM Global’s attendance to a symposium and another on their innovation in large companies.
- The theme of the LinkedIn page is the company's leadership and how innovative strategies can help large corporations to prevent loss in their companies and how to use technology for productivity.
- FM Global’s YouTube page consist of videos that focus on the theme of production and how its global center is striving to maintain and build its services across the board.
- This provides a listing of FM Global’s video advertisements.
METHOD OF CONTENT DELIVERY
- FM Global primarily uses links to articles on other websites that provide more information for the reader. This is observed on their Twitter page.
- The company makes use of hashtag links which then provide additional information on their Facebook page consisting of images and videos.
- The company advertises and promotes various topics through videos, where users can get additional information not available on the company's Facebook and Twitter page.
To provide a wholistic overview of the type of content that FM Global publishes, we reviewed their social media pages, more specifically Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. On each page, we assessed the theme of the content by looking for similarities in the content. We then assessed the method of content delivery by examining how they provide information. We observed videos and hashtag posts. All requirements have been fulfilled and presented above.