Fleet Telematics: Trimble
Trimble's telematics solutions include track and trace and personnel management. The requested information on the company is presented below.
- Trimble is a Sunnyvale-headquartered company founded in 1978. It offers products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds in various industries, including agriculture, construction, transportation and logistics, and geospatial. Its solutions are used in over 150 countries across the globe.
- Besides fleet telematics solutions, Thimble offers other products and services in the transport and logistics, including enterprise software, mobile solutions, and analytic. It also offers numerous other products and services tailored for other industries.
- In the US, Trimble has offices in Alpharetta, Auburn, Boulder, Corvallis, Dayton, Englewood, Folsom, Hamilton, Herndon, Huntsville, Knoxville, Madison, Marlborough, Irvine, Plano, Tempe, Westminster, And Tipp City.
- Trimble’s telematics solutions are designed to offer better insights for safe, cost-efficient, and sustainable transport. One of the solutions is track and trace, which gives full visibility of the driving and rest times of drivers and shipments’ location. Track and trace makes journey planning easy and effective. It also gives an accurate assessment of the estimated arrival time, thus helping businesses keep their customers perfectly informed.
- Personnel management is the other solution. It helps in driving and rest time management to ensure drivers’ satisfaction. The solution enables companies to keep and precise record of activities through data collected by on-board computers.
- Another Trimble’s fleet telematics solution is fleet management. The solution helps businesses in the transport industry to analyze current data on journeys driving and rest times, driving style, and fuel consumption. It also helps them track valuable shipments closely.
- Fuel savings solutions enable businesses to improve fuel consumption and increase their margins. It helps businesses gain insights into their consumption figures and adjust accordingly.
- Supply chain solution, eShipCo, nurtures collaboration among other carriers, forwarders, and independent drivers. It facilitates communication between different players in the supply channel and offers improvement suggestions.
- Trimble's telematics solutions differentiate themselves by web-based such that users just need a PC and web browser to get started. They are also made using state-of-art technology that helps them make large volumes of data consumable and transparent to the user. The solutions also come with a clear pricing and a unique combination of other products.
- Trimble’s telematics solutions use on-board computers that come in different types such as CarCube, Truck4U, and FleetXPS tablet. They also use FletXPS app that helps in seamless integration of fleet management operations. The on-board computers are the fitted with a software specific to a given telematics solution.
- The company is responsible for developing and managing both software and hardware used in its fleet telematics solutions.
- One of the major Trimble fleet telematics solutions customers is GSTC Inc. Using eDriver Logs, the company has marinated a good record of on-time delivery of damage-free load arrival. The solution ensures that the company’s drivers engage in the preferred fleet practices and proper fleet equipment.
- Carolina Cargo is the other major customer. The company uses fleet telematics solutions such as PeopleNet Link to ensure fleet drivers avoid unnecessary stops to retrieve order faxes. Using the solution, they can view images of produce orders on their in-cab PeopleNet BLU PCs.