Flagstaff tourism Competitive Landscape
Tempe AZ, Tucson AZ, and Phoenix AZ are Flagstaff's tourism competitors in Arizona. The requested information about the destinations is presented below.
- Tempe is a popular tourist destination in Arizona with an active lifestyle. Besides the famous Arizona State University, people visit the city for its year-round events. The city hosts various special events such as Tempe Festival of the Arts and Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona Marathon.
- People also like visiting the city because of its ease of movement. The Tempe light rail makes it easy for visitors to move around the city hassle-free and at low costs. Hotels in Tempe AZ are also affordable for most visitors.
- Other attractions in the city include desert discoveries, Sea Life Arizona Aquarium, and Tempe Town Lake, among others.
- Tempe AZ targets almost everyone because it has something for every person. The city welcomes singles, families, and couples to enjoy its attractions.
- Tempe’s reviews in TripAdvisor are mainly positive. Visitors have acclaimed the city’s staff for being helpful by providing maps and brochures. Popular destinations around Tempe AZ have also received excellent ratings with a 4.5/5 rating.
- Arizona Aloha Festival is one of the major events in Tempe AZ. The free family event celebrates Samoan, Hawaiian, Tahitian, and other South Pacific cultures through musical performances, dances, children's crafts, food, and other fun activities at Tempe Beach Park. It is help annually on the second weekend of March.
- People like visiting Tucson AZ because of its pleasant mix of natural and cultural attractions that keep them busy. The city’s warm, dry climate attracts many tourists. Its 350 days of sunshine a year makes it a popular vacation destination.
- Besides the good weather Tucson deserts, national parks, and forests offer the ideal environment for numerous outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, biking, and camping. Tucson’s robust multicultural heritage and trend-setting restaurants are other major attractions. With so much to do and see, Tucson offers a place where visitors can explore without boundaries.
- Tucson’s target audience is composed of non-residents, leisure-loving people with an average age of 50.4 years. They visitors' top activities are shopping, hiking, and visiting national parks and historical sites.
- Tucson Visitor Center’s staff are singled out in the reviews on TripAdvisor for their enthusiasm about the city and readiness to help. Top attractions Tucson AZ have excellent ratings with most of them having a 4.5/5 rating. For instance, Pima Air and Space Museum has a 4.5/5 rating after 4,703 reviews.
- One of Tucson’s major events is Tucson Film & Music Festival. The event is a celebration of emerging artistic talents in the city. It highlights the city’s past, present, and upcoming unique music and filmmaking activities. The event takes place in October every year.
- Phoenix AZ is a favorite destination for people who like outdoor adventure. The city has unmatched desert traits that complement its big-city sophistication.
- The city is known for being home to miners, ranchers, real cowboys, and visionaries. Its dazzling desert scenery differentiates it from other cities in the US. Visitors are also drawn by the broad spectrum of museum, shopping, national parks, theater, dining, and cultural attractions.
- Phoenix’s combination of urban sophistication and desert beauty creates a perfect setting for romantic getaway, family vacations, and weekend adventures.
- Phoenix AZ targets people who love leisure with an average age of 48.5 as shown by its visitor’s profile. According to the data, 83% of the visitors go to the city for leisure activities such as swimming, upscale dining, shopping, and nightclubbing.
- Phoenix's reviews are majorly positive with top attractions having excellent ratings on TripAdvisor. For instance, the Desert Botanical Garden has 4.5/5 rating after 8,674. The Musical Instrument Museum has 5/5 rating after 6,276 reviews.
- Artlink Art Detour is a major annual event in Phoenix AZ. The event is hosted by Artlink in the Downtown Phoenix. The detour has been taking place for 32 years.
- During the event, the community takes a detour of the city to celebrate the artistic and cultural surroundings. The hosting organization announces specific dates in spring of every year. This year’s event has been modified to exclude some events due to COVID-19 outbreak.