Financial Advisory COVID Communications: Schwab Advisor Services
Schwab Advisor Services has a COVID-specific article providing information for advisors. The company is giving them advice on how to navigate rough markets, communicate with clients, protect their firms and clients from cyber fraud and use digital tools. In discussing COVID-19 on different communication platforms, Schwab Advisor Services emphasizes that it is supporting advisors by providing them with relevant resources.
Details have been included in this spreadsheet.
Schwab Advisor Services : COVID Communications
- Schwab Advisor Services has a COVID-specific article providing information for advisors. The topics covered in this article include the steps the company is taking to prevent the virus from spreading, how they are keeping clients and advisors informed, and the resources available to advisors.
- To assist its advisors through COVID-19, the company is giving them advice on how to navigate rough markets, communicate with clients about market volatility and other topics, protect their firms and clients from cyber fraud activity, and use digital tools provided by the company. A COVID-related call to action that the company is making for its advisors is that they should "register for a biweekly call series with Schwab analysts" in order to get answers to their market volatility questions.
- On the company's website as well as on social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter, the most important thing being communicated with regard to COVID-19 is that they are supporting advisors by providing them with relevant resources. A post on Twitter states, "From business continuity to fraud protection, our resources can help you navigate today's challenges. We pulled together what's most relevant so you can respond to clients when they need you most on our COVID-19 resource hub." On LinkedIn, another post states, "When advisors and their clients are working from home, working securely is imperative. Explore our cybersecurity resources."
- The head of Schwab Advisor Services, in a statement to advisors, says "The COVID-19 outbreak has created market turmoil and community upheaval. While you rally to provide the calm and continuity that your clients seek, our team is here to support you. We thank you for your trust."
- In light of COVID-19, the company is deploying tactics such as following guidelines from the CDC and public health officials; allowing most employees to work remotely; directing exposed employees to self-quarantine; cleaning and disinfecting their centers and offices; restricting visitors at corporate locations; and canceling company events and non-essential business travel.