Technological solutions marketed toward or recommended to Fybromyalgia patients include apps for tracking pain and other symptoms, an app that tests and treats cognitive symptoms, a social networking app, a task tracking app and a medication reminder app. Details of each are outlined below.
- FibroMapp is an app created by Fibromyalgia sufferers to help patients with the disease and other chronic pain conditions take control of their symptoms.
- The app allows users to track their daily symptoms and experiences in order to accurately describe their pain and symptoms to their providers and others in their lives.
- The app includes features such as a 3D body map to indicate pain location, severity and type as well as a medication tracker and a "flare-up button" so that patients can quickly track a major spike in pain.
- The app is available on Android and iPhone and costs $2.49-$2.99.
- Cognifit Fibromyalgia is an app designed to screen Fibromyalgia patients for cognitive impacts from the disease and to provide cognitive training to reduce those impacts.
- After testing the patient's cognitive function, the app provides clinical exercises aimed at addressing the patient's specific cognitive symptoms.
- The app is available on iPhone and is free to download, but requires a subscription for use, which costs $19.99 per month or $89.99 per year.
My Fibro Team
- My Fibro Team is social networking app aimed at Fibromyalgia patients.
- The app is designed to help Fibromyalgia patients connect with others suffering from the disease to share their experiences in a judgement-free environment.
- There is a question and answer section that patients can search to get information about the disease.
- My Fibro Team is available on iPhone and Android and is free.
My Pain Diary
- My Pain Diary is a pain and symptom tracking app that allows Fibromyalgia patients and others suffering from chronic pain to track the type and intensity of their pain along with pain triggers.
- The app has several smart features, such as automatic weather tracking.
- The app features color-coded graphs, calendars and reports to assist patients in seeing patterns in their pain and symptoms.
- My Pain Diary is available for iPhone and Android and costs $4.99.
Manage My Pain
- Manage My Pain is an app available on Android that is designed to help chronic pain sufferers, including Fibromyalgia patients, manage pain and other symptoms and share their data with others.
- The app has features for tracking pain, daily activities and medication effectiveness.
- Patient data is used to make reports that can be shared with a patients' caregivers and doctors.
- The app is free, but patients must upgrade to a Pro version to allow report data to be pulled from more than the last 30 days.
Chronic Pain Tracker
- Chronic Pain Tracker is an iPhone app that allows chronic pain sufferers, such as those with Fibromyalgia, to track pain and other symptoms.
- The app includes 19 different tracking modules, such as pain triggers, pain intensity level, effective treatments, other symptoms, blood pressure and pulse rate along with many others.
- The app can be customized to fit patient needs. For example, patients can customize symptoms lists based on their own symptoms.
- The data can be exported to reports and graphs that can be shared with providers or printed for easy reference.
- Chronic Pain Tracker costs $6.99.
- PainScale is also a pain and symptom tracking app aimed at chronic pain sufferers, such as Fibromyalgia patients.
- PainScale claims to be developed using doctor and patient input to ensure the app is useful.
- In addition to allowing patients to track their pain and other symptoms, the app includes a library of articles, tips, exercises and other informational materials to assist patients in managing their pain.
- The app can be integrated with Google Fit to track health and fitness activity.
- PainScale is available for Android or iPhone and is free.
- Tasks is an app recommended to Fibromyalgia sufferers in this article. The app is aimed at helping people track their daily to do list and appointments.
- This app is recommended to Fibromyalgia sufferers because the disease can cause forgetfulness.
- The app integrates with the patient's Google calendar.
- The app is free and available on Android.
- Medisafe has also been recommended to Fibromyalgia sufferers in this article due to the impact of the disease on memory.
- The app is designed to remind patients to take their medications.
- The app also has a feature to check for possible drug interactions and sends helpful reminders, such as refill reminders and appointment reminders.
- The app allows for the addition of both scheduled and "as needed" medications.
- Patients can customize reminders and settings and the app automatically adjusts to timezone changes.
- Medisafe is available on Android and iPhone and is free.