KY Competitive Landscape
LOLA, Lovability Inc., and Sustain Natural are three companies that, as KY, encourage women to feel empowered to celebrate their sexuality. The three companies sell their products online.
- Founded by women in 2014, LOLA offers high-quality feminine products made with natural ingredients.
- The company offers its products online through a free subscription and free standard shipping. The subscription is customizable for clients' needs.
- In 2019, they partnered with Period Equity to end the tampon tax.
- The company has also partnered with I Support the Girls to supply LOLA period products to women in need, having donated over 2 million products.
- Another initiative is raising awareness by hosting parties for the LOLA community, where they pack boxes of their products for donation.
- LOLA offers period products (tampons, pads, cleansing wipes, liners, cramp care) and sex products (lubricants, condoms).
- The brand also offers a first period kit and a sexual wellness kit.
- LOLA is an online store headquartered in New York, NY.
Social Media Following
- The company has 174,764 Instagram followers.
- LOLA has 151,763 followers on Facebook.
- It has 2,960 followers on Twitter.
- The brand has many positive reviews such as "I must say, I was skeptical. Will it leak? How well will it fit? Will there be plenty of coverage? I am beyond pleased to say the least."
- Another review is "As a woman, buying condoms can sometimes be intimidating. But I felt comfortable buying from a brand that keeps women in mind."
- Customers also seem to be very pleased with the condoms offered by the company, as one review says "Your tampons are like putting a fluffy cloud into my vagina. Thank you for making honest products that I can feel good about putting into my body."
- The company has some negative reviews in its social media sites. One review regarding their cramp care essential oil says "What a shame these are made with animals!! Huge bummer, I went to order some just now and thankfully read the ingredients! Shameful and very disappointing that you couldn’t make these for ALL women."
- Another negative review regarding their pads says "I love the rest of your products but these pads don’t stay in place. They never stick well for me."
- A Facebook user made a negative comment regarding their partnership with Enlightened ice-cream that says "So, your brand, whose goal is to make what goes into women’s bodies healthier, is partnering with a brand that uses absolute crap/fake healthy ingredients that will also go into women’s bodies. That doesn’t seem to align."
- Founded in 2014, Lovability is focused on sexual health & wellness products for women, made with safe and high-quality materials.
- The company believes that "gender equality in society is only possible if we practice gender equality in the bedroom."
- With every purchase, the company donates to PlannedParenthood.
- Lovability also employs "mentally and physically disabled people from ARC San Diego" to assemble condom tins.
- Some of their products include condoms, lube, self-love sprays, and merchandise (t-shirts, baseball caps, etc.)
- The brand also offers bundles that include condoms, lube, and sprays.
- Lovability is an online store headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
Social Media Following
- Lovability has 23,934 followers on Instagram.
- It has 2,366 Facebook followers.
- The company has 2,215 followers in Twitter.
- Lovability has many positive reviews, such as "If you need condoms, lube, fuckboy repellent, or other various items, PLEASE check out @LovabilityInc. I cannot express how much I love this company and their products."
- A positive review from Facebook is "Lovability condoms are so much better than mainstream ones! Thank you lovability for making a toxin free alternative."
- Another Facebook user said "I ordered the quickie wipes after I received a sample from my previous purchase. These wipes are flipping awesome! No harsh chemicals or smells."
- Lovability has very few negative reviews, which include "Sorely disappointed that the box they came in was made of plastic. It’s unlabeled so it’s not likely to be recyclable."
- Other customer said "the packaging makes it difficult to open during hot sweaty moments and the condoms seem to fall down during play, making it sometimes frustrating."
- Another negative comment about the brand's condoms was "Only downside was that it was a bit too small and we were scared to make a mess everywhere."
- Sustain was founded in 2013 by a father-daughter team. It focuses on providing all-natural vagina-related products.
- The company is committed to always putting women's health first, and state that their "products are better, safer, and more vagina-friendly than traditional brands."
- The company values the environment, that is why they offer products with Fair Trade latex and organic cotton.
- Sustain gives 10% of its profits to women's healthcare organizations.
- Sustain offers tampons, pads and liners, underwear, period cups, and condoms.
- It also offers lubricants, body wash, oils, and balms.
- Sustain Natural is an online store headquartered in New York, NY.
Social Media Following
- Sustain has 92,246 Instagram followers.
- It has 143,329 followers on Facebook.
- The company has 4,733 followers on Twitter.
- Sustain has some positive reviews like one regarding its menstrual cup, which states "My cup says 10 plus years of cared for properly! I absolutely love it and truly feel it has made my periods more comfortable, the moment I knew it was a good thing for me I sent one to my sister! She loves it too, go figure!"
- Another positive comment about their personal lubricant is "Yesss!!! This stuff is the best!"
- One Instagram user stated "2nd month using these tampons and they are AWESOME"
- The brand seems to have many negative reviews regarding its prices. One example is "It’s really unfortunate that to take care of yourself means paying double than the already outrageous prices in the stores and that you HAVE to have a monthly subscription. To be honest I don’t need them monthly. I love all this natural products but I could never afford."
- Another negative review related to its price is "Why is it super expensive, I don’t know who pays almost 100 every month on their cycle."
- Also, an Instagram user complaint about their personal lubricant by stating "Burns and gave me an allergic reaction!"