Fastest Growing Genres on YouTube 2018/19
The five fastest growing genres of content on YouTube from January 2018 until now are Music, How To & Style, Education, Entertainment, and Sports.
- Description: YouTube's music channels are destinations featuring top tracks and popular hits from a variety of music genres.
Top YouTube Channels in Music
- T-Series — 95,382,196 subscribers
- Canal KondZilla — 48,719,559 subscribers
- Ed Sheeran — 38,206,326 subscribers
2. How To & Style
- Description: How To & Style channels on YouTube provides DIY-projects, crafts, and experience of how to do things without the direct aid of experts or professionals.
Top YouTube Channels in How To & Style
- 5-Minute Crafts — 54,182,099 subscribers
- BRIGHT SIDE — 25,619,352 subscribers
- Yuya — 23,631,004 subscribers
- Description: Education channels on YouTube provides knowledge that enhances the process of learning to be a fun and enjoyable experience for kids as well as for adults.
Top YouTube Channels in Education
- Cocomelon (Nursery Rhymes) — 45,029,367 subscribers
- BillionSurpriseToys (Nursery Rhymes & Songs) — 23,396,414 subscribers
- ChuChu TV (Nursery Rhymes & Kids Songs) — 23,098,570 subscribers
Cocomelon (Nursery Rhymes)
- Description: Entertainment channels focuses on activities that holds the attention and interest of the audience or gives pleasure and delight.
Top YouTube channels in Entertainment
- PewDiePie — 94,698,956 subscribers
- SET India — 46,386,370 subscribers
- Justin Bieber — 44,408,037 subscribers
- Description: YouTube's sports channels include all forms of competitive physical activity or games which aims to use, maintain, and or improve physical ability and skills.
Top YouTube channels in Sports
your Research team applied the following Strategy:
In order to identify five to seven of the fastest growing genres of content on YouTube from January 2018 until now, we began our search through trusted databases which provides YouTube statistics and media sources and blogs. SocialBlade, Kedoo, BusinessInsider, and Forbes are some of the domains we looked into. Most of the information that we found were regarding the top YouTube channels and most subscribed YouTube channels among others. We were unable to find data pertaining to 'the fastest growing YouTube genre'. Following this, we decided to identify the fastest growing channels in terms of subscription (from January 2018 until now) as proxy data to the whole genre.
Using the platform SocialBlade, we were able to identify the fastest growing YouTube channels in terms of subscription from January 2018 until now. We triangulated the data by gathering the current number of subscribers and then subtracted the value by the number of subscribers from January 2018. Further, we also identified the top channel in each genre.